Quantcast

Should I bomb Iraq or go for a ride? Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Check out the latest issue of Bicycling when a reporter goes mountain biking with "W" himself. Unfortunately there are no pictures, so a quick Google search filled in the blanks:

Here's our fearless leader on a his Trek Fuel. Notice the toe clip pedals and the sneakers. Classy. Way to represent.




And, for a nice contrast....



At least Kerry knows how to use clipless pedals and round a corner without the fear of taking a header (and injuring an innocent Scotsman)
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
26,643
1,928
kerry's helmet isn't red, white, and blue. and there's no flag in the background. therefore he must be unpatriotic

:oink:
 
J

JRB

Guest
These threads are stupid. BTW - nice way to represent the monkey.

*note - you could always utilize H8R's use of delete.
 
J

JRB

Guest
bluebug32 said:


At least Kerry knows how to use clipless pedals and round a corner without the fear of taking a header (and injuring an innocent Scotsman)
In the little ring on flat ground. Yeah - he fvkkin' rocks. :rolleyes:
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
48,435
2,717
In a van.... down by the river
bluebug32 said:
Check out the latest issue of Bicycling when a reporter goes mountain biking with "W" himself. Unfortunately there are no pictures, so a quick Google search filled in the blanks:

Here's our fearless leader on a his Trek Fuel. Notice the toe clip pedals and the sneakers. Classy. Way to represent.

WTF is wrong with toe clips and sneakers? Talk about elitist crap. :rolleyes:
 

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
7,165
1
austin
bluebug32 said:
And, for a nice contrast....



At least Kerry knows how to use clipless pedals and round a corner without the fear of taking a header (and injuring an innocent Scotsman)
he's ****in' wearing baggies on a road bike. come on! lame.
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
loco said:
These threads are stupid. BTW - nice way to represent the monkey.

*note - you could always utilize H8R's use of delete.

Nice try kissing bushs ass, but since he doesn't know how to use the internet, so you'll have to stick to writing him fan letters
 
J

JRB

Guest
chicodude said:
Nice try kissing bushs ass, but since he doesn't know how to use the internet, so you'll have to stick to writing him fan letters
So you don't think these threads are stupid??? This is like number 6 billion. I don't care who doesn't like Bush. I don't love him, but bluebug and rob are about to be ignored because of it. They should find a new obsession. :stosh:
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
loco said:
So you don't think these threads are stupid??? This is like number 6 billion. I don't care who doesn't like Bush. I don't love him, but bluebug and rob are about to be ignored because of it. They should find a new obsession. :stosh:

No stupider than the shaving junk threads or the threads the you have made to make inside jokes with DHG
 
J

JRB

Guest
chicodude said:
No stupider than the shaving junk threads or the threads the you have made to make inside jokes with DHG
Just because you don't get it doesn't make it stupid. Disrespecting the highest office, like the guy or not, is lame and these threads are stupid. Why not just, "cool, he rides"??? It's because there is some stupid ass dellusion that he sucks at riding because he is what they deem a crap president, true or not. Why not give props that he took up riding at 50? Why not say, I disagree with his administration, but he might do something to help cyclists. I know, it's because they are so selfish, they can't see past their own agendas. I am tired of it. I gave the junk threads a break, and will continue to. Why can't this garbage rest??
 

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
400
0
Bellingham, WA
I think part of the point is, he doesn't ride. He wants people to think he does, but it is painfully obvious that he does not. We all know people like that.
 
J

JRB

Guest
smedford said:
I think part of the point is, he doesn't ride. He wants people to think he does, but it is painfully obvious that he does not. We all know people like that.
Yeah - because the mountain bike community is one that most world leaders try to fit into. Try again.
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
loco said:
Just because you don't get it doesn't make it stupid. Disrespecting the highest office, like the guy or not, is lame and these threads are stupid. Why not just, "cool, he rides"??? It's because there is some stupid ass dellusion that he sucks at riding because he is what they deem a crap president, true or not. Why not give props that he took up riding at 50? Why not say, I disagree with his administration, but he might do something to help cyclists. I know, it's because they are so selfish, they can't see past their own agendas. I am tired of it. I gave the junk threads a break, and will continue to. Why can't this garbage rest??

I didn't say I didn't get your jokes, I just think they are lame.


I don't buy into him riding for real for some reason. I think it's just a publicity stunt in a way. I believe nothing he says.
 
J

JRB

Guest
chicodude said:
<snip>I don't buy into him riding for real for some reason. I think it's just a publicity stunt in a way. I believe nothing he says.
See above post. I am sure he is not concerned about the mountain bike community. Like I said, I don't care for him, but the office should be respected, and these threads are stupid.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
So you don't think these threads are stupid??? This is like number 6 billion. I don't care who doesn't like Bush. I don't love him, but bluebug and rob are about to be ignored because of it. They should find a new obsession. :stosh:
Where did I factor into this? If you don't like the damn thread, don't click on the thing. You realize you're wasting MORE time complaining about it than actually doing something. If you've got something better to post, by all means, do so.

And for the record, I have not ONCE posted about Bush and his bike.

loco said:
Just because you don't get it doesn't make it stupid. Disrespecting the highest office, like the guy or not, is lame and these threads are stupid. Why not just, "cool, he rides"??? It's because there is some stupid ass dellusion that he sucks at riding because he is what they deem a crap president, true or not. Why not give props that he took up riding at 50? Why not say, I disagree with his administration, but he might do something to help cyclists. I know, it's because they are so selfish, they can't see past their own agendas. I am tired of it. I gave the junk threads a break, and will continue to. Why can't this garbage rest??
So John Stewart is lame and stupid for joking about it? It's not "cool he rides" when he is a complete waste of a president. I don't care if he rides or not. With his record, "might do something to help cyclists" is a far stretch. He's a HELL of a lot more interested in pro-life agendas and poor excuses for going overseas with our military.

And for the record, I voted for him the first time, so yes, I DID once support him.
 

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
524
0
To be quite honest I think Bush is probably a much more skilled rider than Kerry.

What does that mean? Bush is a better rider than Kerry. Yes, better rider, not better presidential candidate. I vote for a politician based on their political views and abilities, the area where I believe Bush is lacking.

Whenever someone showed me this picture during the 2004 race I would tell them I want OJ Simpson for president since he's a much better football player than either of them.

 
J

JRB

Guest
robdamanii said:
Where did I factor into this? If you don't like the damn thread, don't click on the thing. You realize you're wasting MORE time complaining about it than actually doing something. If you've got something better to post, by all means, do so.

And for the record, I have not ONCE posted about Bush and his bike.



So John Stewart is lame and stupid for joking about it? It's not "cool he rides" when he is a complete waste of a president. I don't care if he rides or not. With his record, "might do something to help cyclists" is a far stretch. He's a HELL of a lot more interested in pro-life agendas and poor excuses for going overseas with our military.

And for the record, I voted for him the first time, so yes, I DID once support him.
You're right. You haven't harshed it nearly as much as the little lady. I think Jon Stewart is a tool .

I prefer to complain.

btw - it's nice to know that you have first hand knowledge about all of his agenda.

*done talking about it. Like I said, these threads are stupid. Accept my apology to you, as I move on. Go read about the road fork instead.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
You're right. You haven't harshed it nearly as much as the little lady. I think Jon Stewart is a tool .

I prefer to complain.

btw - it's nice to know that you have first hand knowledge about all of his agenda.

*done talking about it. Like I said, these threads are stupid. Accept my apology to you, as I move on. Go read about the road fork instead.
Done after this:
You don't know his agenda either, and I only go upon things of value I've seen him do thus far, which is very nearly zilch. I'm not getting in a political debate over Bush and his pros/cons. If you don't find the reference funny, you're entitled to that opinion.

However, if you're merely complaining about it and not posting something better to read, then we're really not getting anywhere now, are we? That's all I'll point out, and it's my opinion, take it or leave it.
 
J

JRB

Guest
robdamanii said:
Done after this:
You don't know his agenda either, and I only go upon things of value I've seen him do thus far, which is very nearly zilch. I'm not getting in a political debate over Bush and his pros/cons. If you don't find the reference funny, you're entitled to that opinion.

However, if you're merely complaining about it and not posting something better to read, then we're really not getting anywhere now, are we? That's all I'll point out, and it's my opinion, take it or leave it.
I told you to go read about the fork, dummy. :D
 

Skeg

Chimp
Sep 22, 2005
26
0
Kerry's a roadie.... I always thought that guy was limp wristed.
Now I have the proof. Friggin roadies...
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,243
1,712
MTB New England
That picture needs updating. Bush has made the switch to clipless. Of course, you'd know this if you actually read the Bicycling article. ;) The article also says Bush is a pretty darn good rider and the author had trouble keeping up.
 
J

JRB

Guest
I Are Baboon said:
That picture needs updating. Bush has made the switch to clipless. Of course, you'd know this if you actually read the Bicycling article. ;) The article also says Bush is a pretty darn good rider and the author had trouble keeping up.
That wouldn't sound cool if you were a Bush hater though. :think:
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Echo said:
I know a local guy here who runs toe clips who will outride 90% of the people on this forum. Talk about irrelevant.

^^^
I agree with that, man.........I'm stoked they're bringing attention to riding in the first place. What better motivation for all the little fat kids all over the nation to get out and do something than to see the leader of the free world out there doing it himself. Put the politics aside---it's a moot point when you're talking about fitness. Unfortunately, some people will hate mountain biking because they view it as a "Red State" activity.......Hell even if they follow "Blue State" policy, at least that means they'll be on a roadbike---any kind of bike, just get out and ride, fatty arbuckle!
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
"By the way -- when you ride hard on a mountain bike, sometimes you fall, otherwise you're not riding hard."
-Pres. George W. Bush
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
I'm thinking about officially naming a local MTB trail after Pres Bush. He hasn't ridden it yet, but he has been here numerous times starting on the late morning of 9-11.

Something like:

The President George W. Bush Mountain Bike Trail
 
Status
Not open for further replies.