Quantcast

Should I drive up to Massanutten tomorrow, drive home, and go back on Sat?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am thinking about going to register and practice tomorrow, coming back to Richmond, and then going back up ass early Sat morning.

Am I stupid? (and I mean for this idea, NOT in general :))

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I don't know if it's worth the drive but at least you'll get to ride the lift both days at a place where you normally can't. Most of the fun of racing is just riding practice and hanging out with friends. I'm driving back from Eastern NC (MTB HELL!!!!) tomorrow so I won't be able to make it up there until Saturday morning.

Mike

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
You are stressing out way to much about this. If you can stay up there friday night then I say go up friday. If you cant then just go up saturday. You are going to wear yourself out if you drive back friday. Half of racing is the mind game. Go up and treat this race just like another day with your friends. I almost gave up racing after last years NORBA race at Snowshoe. I was obsessing about the race and forgetting to just relax and have fun. Now I dont care if I win or lose[usually lose] as long I have a good time. Now I am starting to sound like my grandfather:D

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
you don't have to do all that drivin. you can stay at my house friday night. i live about 45 min away. hulkamaniac,mikey v.,dink,stoneysnake,and overbybars are all staying.we'll cookout and drink some beer. most likely leave my house sat.morning about 7 or 7:30,with plenty of time to spare. if you want to stay call me (540)255-1004. everybody is welcome to come and party at my house after the race, and maybe we can all shuttle somewhere sunday!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm not stressing out about it, the reason I would go up tomorrow would be to have some fun and ride with friends. I have friends going up, and I'm gonna go with them. If it was just me, hell no I wouldnt go up there. I figure, its not different than driving to Winter***** for a day, it just happens to be the course that I am incidentally racing the next day.

And I dont care if I win or lose, I know i'm going to lose. Its my first race, and I'm just doing it to have fun!

Ever since I've been done with school, all I've done is ride :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Matt D
I vote that Mike is not allowed to ask any more questions about the Mass. race. Who's with me???:devil:
Hey, but..... well.... um, ok. you are right. no more questions :)

and I'm sure Dan will be with you..... he says I ask way to many questions all the time!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wow, you guys rock. I'd love to hang out with you all on Friday night.... now the only choice is should I call BANCHE, or MoJo?

This is why I love RM. People that dont really know me offering a place to crash for the night.

:thumb: to all the monkies!