Quantcast

Should I go to dinner???

Should I join in???

• No way - don't let the man pin you down.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yes - dinner is dinner.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • I don't care when or if you actually eat. Ever.

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
J

JRB

They just told us they wanted us to join for dinner at this joint just next door. I really just kind of want to go home. They will start at 5:00, but I am not really feeling much love here lately. I see some movement towards Gestapoism here and don't dig it. Should I go anyway??? I do like some of the peeps really well, others, not so much.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Go eat everything you can and get sh1tfaced on free booze and whine and complain till they drag you outside and beat you to a pulp and you are left on the sidewalk soaked in your own urine and vomit and hobos rape you in the back of an abandoned Jetta.

:)

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I always take advantage of free food and drinks! If you don't have any better plans, I say go for it, and enjoy (hopefully free) food and drinks with those that you do like, and make a good impression. Just me, though! :D

J

JRB

antimony said:
I always take advantage of free food and drinks! If you don't have any better plans, I say go for it, and enjoy (hopefully free) food and drinks with those that you do like, and make a good impression. Just me, though! :D
I fear I may fall short on this. :think:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's probably too late now but if it's a last-minute invite you could have said you have something else planned. Go, be cordial, don't eat or drink too much, leave early. You're a team player but you've got your own life. At least that's what you want them to think anyway...

J

JRB

OGRipper said:
It's probably too late now but if it's a last-minute invite you could have said you have something else planned. Go, be cordial, don't eat or drink too much, leave early. You're a team player but you've got your own life. At least that's what you want them to think anyway...
Yeah - I didn't accept earlier, but I can go for a bit. I'll still be home by 7, I am sure. I am cordial and friends with all of them. Just not sure that I want to be a hypocrit by going with someone that I don't care much for. I won't drink at all, as I must drive home. I guess I might as well go.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Wait a minute!

Leave work now, go to post office and mail my freaking derailler!

:think:

Hell yeah, go and get your free Brazier and Moolatte!

J

JRB

Mailing it tomorrow, or sending it UPS tomorrow, or however it works best for me. I'll get it off tonight though.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
Mailing it tomorrow, or sending it UPS tomorrow, or however it works best for me. I'll get it off tonight though.
Just razzin ya. It's gonna be prolly 3-4 weeks before completion.

My new wheels rock all night and party all day!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I haven't gone to any of my company beer days either. I would if I didn't have to ride my bike or the bus home afterward. It takes me a solid 90 minutes to get home, so I leave work around 3:30 most days.

If it's not out of the way, it is nice to show "team spirt" even if it's gay.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Steak is always good. Even when it is not done properly. It is still better then most everything else. Close to bacon in the satisfaction scale.