Quantcast

Should I have fought? Or am I a pvssy?

What should I have done when I was threatened by a drunken co-worker?

• Cry and plead for my life

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Fight fight fight

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Clocked him with a 16 inch crescent wrench

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Go back tomorrow and punch him out... when he is sober

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
At the shop today, my co-worker got real drunk, and started threatening me (TheMontashu was a witness to the proceedings). What should I have done?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
when people get drunk and start stuff i think they should either stop drinking and acting like a frat boy or get their ass knocked out.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
not fighting doesnt make you a pussy. i normally dont but its like when i went to a bar with some friends one of them likes to start crap when he was drunk. i told him if he got drunk and started crap then i did not have his back. well sure enough he got drunk acted like a frat boy and got his ass whipped while i stood back and watched. screw people like that. the guy he stated the craps with had a friend that came up to me and i told him i didnt have anything to fight about and we watched the two guys go at it.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
so, things are kinda slow on a Saturday up in San Fran?

Don't second guess yourself. You did the right thing by walking away. The guy's and idiot... but you know this.

Chicks dig guys who have the guts to walk away from a belligerent neanderthal.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
escapeartist said:
You work at a shop where employees come in drunk, try to start stuff, and still have jobs?
Steady on mate, theMontashu works there, we're not talking a Fortune500 company here.;):rofl:

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I don't know man but since the guy was drunk. i would have maybe just ignored him and then talk to him the next day about it. depending on what he said though I may have punched him in the face.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
When he comes in hung over have TheMontashu hold him and beat him senseless with a (Park Tools only, please) chainwhip.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
While I was not particularily mad about this situation, except that I wanted an easy day and today was not, this co-worker, who is generally likeable and accomodating when sober, was easy to distract.

I actually showed a junior mechanic how to true a wheel during the threat session (and we did a good job).

The best one was when I washed my hands. I made sure to lock the bathroom door while my back was turned, and he started to yell right next to door, "Come out, Mother F*****! Let's fight." I replied back, "I'm busy. I'm doing number 2!"

Anyway, for all the bluster and yelling, he never even came close to swinging. From my experience, drunk guys who want to fight, punch first and threaten second.

After a while, I started getting irritated, and that's when I was thinking about knocking him down, sans wrench. But besides the colleratal damage in shop, I find that fights generally start when two a-holes start with each other, and there was only one in my confrontation today.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
firestorm said:
Damn you guys don't like to thow down!! Sorry bros, but in both incidents, someone was hitting the pavement. them or me. In my 43 years, I've yet to be the one on the pavement nor have I ever been arrested. ok once arrested but charges were later dropped.
You can never be sure with these things but I think you might possibly be the toughest person on the internet.:rolleyes:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
The smart move: Let him hit you.

Then you call the cops, he ends up in jail, and when he sobers up he says "2-5 for assault and battery, WTF???"

Sure, the shot to the chin hurts a bit for a few days, but it stops hurting a lot quicker than his cornhole.

Fighting is stupid, it never solves anything.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
You should be able to do all three things...

Fight fight fight then Clock him with a 16 inch crescent wrench then Go back tomorrow and punch him out... when he is sober

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
valve bouncer said:
Steady on mate, theMontashu works there, we're not talking a Fortune500 company here.;):rofl:
I am at work almost every day, I sell more bikes than any one in the shop (sanjuro is a better salesmen but he is only in 1 day a week) and for the past month or so have been the main wrench (which sucks ass cause I am not a very fast mechanic.)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
TheMontashu said:
I am at work almost every day, I sell more bikes than any one in the shop (sanjuro is a better salesmen but he is only in 1 day a week) and for the past month or so have been the main wrench (which sucks ass cause I am not a very fast mechanic.)
";)"- this smilie means "I'm only joking". I'm sure you're a good worker.:)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
firestorm said:
Damn you guys don't like to thow down!! Sorry bros, but in both incidents, someone was hitting the pavement. them or me. In my 43 years, I've yet to be the one on the pavement .
Then you either really haven't been it that many fights or your lying.

Which at 43 years old is kind of silly.

Or you just really are the toughest person on the internet.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Roll tape, call the cops, tell him he's fired and therefore now trespassing. With any luck he ends up taking his shirt off and going ballistic so you have some good video evidence of his asshatness.
If you're really lucky "COPS" will be filming in your neighborhood with the patrol cars that roll up.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I have had a couple of friends like that...all I do is put up with their crap for a while or leave the situation, then talk to them the next day. Explain to them that they were acting like a moron and usually they apologize, and it doesnt happen again. But if it happens again then fight, and just cause someone is bigger than you, and supposedly can fight doesnt mean they cant be whipped, I have been in my fair share of fights in my life...being Italian and short through school made it that way, I have gotten beat but usually came out on top. I am not superman like that other guy who has never lost a fight....dont believe it, or he must have been parapalegics or something.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
I don't think sanjuro could have taken this guy, he is realy big, strong as hell, and knows how to fight.
That's a good question, one I asked myself. Would I have fought him if I knew I could take him?

On the other hand, I have never let anyone back me down, and the reason why I did not fight him was not because I was scared of him.

Anyway, if he taken a poke at me, I would have kicked him in the nuts then knocked into a display case.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Brian HCM#1 said:
Didn't you read his last statement.....He was in the bathroom going #2. That means he already went pee pee.
I already pissed my pants anyway.