Quantcast

Should I join the Navy SEALs?

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
Old thread again. How about some gasoline?

I think its funny the military teams were beat so hard in the eco challenge outdoor survival race series, they had to form their own league.

Civilian teams = pro
Military teams = amateurs
Those eco challenges certainly are based on reality, if cheese was a reality.

Operators are training or operating, not playing games with a bunch of wannabes.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old thread again. How about some gasoline?

I think its funny the military teams were beat so hard in the eco challenge outdoor survival race series, they had to form their own league.

Civilian teams = pro
Military teams = amateurs
Why would the best athletes in any sport join the military? If they can get by just participating in what they like to do...well, yeah, they're pros. That's a secondary job for the military guys. So yeah, they're amateurs. Duh. Much like you're an amateur at stroking my sack, while jo momma, on the other hand, is a pro :clue:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jeronimo said:
Those eco challenges certainly are based on reality, if cheese was a reality.

Operators are training or operating, not playing games with a bunch of wannabes.
Outdoor survival and navigation skills are real - the most basic and valuable ones. If you are too slow in the outdoors, you are dead for variety of reasons (even if you have no real enemy).

If the military didn't think it had value, they wouldn't have created their own league.

One of the military teams got themselves pretty damn lost in one of them - better hope the military's fancy GPS equipment doesn't fail in the field and they have to use real navigation skills :brows:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Why would the best athletes in any sport join the military? If they can get by just participating in what they like to do...well, yeah, they're pros. That's a secondary job for the military guys. So yeah, they're amateurs. Duh. Much like you're an amateur at stroking my sack, while jo momma, on the other hand, is a pro :clue:
Outdoor navigation and survival isn't just a "sport", its a valueable skillset for troops in the field.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Outdoor navigation and survival isn't just a "sport", its a valueable skillset for troops in the field.
So what? Swimming is a valueable skillset to Navy SEALs, are you saying the military guys should beat Michael Phelps? Running is as well, should they be olypic marathonners? WTF is wrong with you? Oh yeah, you're an idiot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what? Swimming is a valueable skillset to Navy SEALs, are you saying the military guys should beat Michael Phelps? Running is as well, should they be olypic marathonners? WTF is wrong with you? Oh yeah, you're an idiot.
:stupid:

You could argue general statistics to. Take a certain number of people from the general population competing in such an event and you will find a percentage that are really good at it. Take the same number of people from a smaller population, like the military, who are interested in competing and you will probably find the same percentage of people who are good at it but the actual number of those people will be much smaller and most likeley proportional to the population size.

But don't bother Talking to Syadnutty is = :banghead:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The competitors in the eco challenge have real jobs back home. The competition isn't anymore their profession than the competitors from the military. Its might be their favorite pastime, but they aren't doing it for a living.

Try arguing without acting like a child.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The competitors in the eco challenge have real jobs back home. The competition isn't anymore their profession than the competitors from the military. Its might be their favorite pastime, but they aren't doing it for a living.

Try arguing without acting like a child.
Try looking at something objectively for once, and drop your military hate for about five seconds. The best athletes at any sport are going to be better than their military counterparts because the military lifestyle simply doesnt lend itself to pro level competition. Orienteering is only about 1/100th the job a seal team has to do. They dont dedicate their lives to little hiking adventures. :bonk:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Military hate, I don't hate the military was just making fun of them. My cousin from the AF just got back from Iraq this week. One of my very good friends is stationed in Oahu, HI right now.

L

luelling

as a benfit, when its a war situation who can move ranks quicker.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
From your first hand experience as an "operator", why don't you tell us what it takes or doesn't take to be one.
I never said I was an Operator, nor did I say I wasn't. Keep guessing.

Some things are beyond description by words alone and all of the "advice" in this thread doesn't mean squat in the subject at hand.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
One of the military teams got themselves pretty damn lost in one of them
Is English a weak second language to you?

Here it is again: Operators are training or operating, not playing games with a bunch of wannabes.

The military would not use the best for some cheesy civilian games, hence the 11B duds you see flailing around the lameo eco courses.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
WTF would you know. In a weaver stance you always go for the frontal lobe. THE FRONTAL LOBE. I bet you're one of those isoscelles stance fags.:ban:
Try and out shoot me. 1)you live in japan, you can only get airsoft stuff and low power pellet guns. 2) You have no idea how ot handle recoil unless you were in the military

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Try and out shoot me. 1)you live in japan, you can only get airsoft stuff and low power pellet guns. 2) You have no idea how ot handle recoil unless you were in the military

Ya because professional and or olympic class sport shooters can't deal with recoil. :rolleyes:

Look at you, Mr Bad Ass 17 year old gang banger sniper.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Ya because professional and or olympic class sport shooters can't deal with recoil. :rolleyes:

Look at you, Mr Bad Ass 17 year old gang banger sniper.
I shoot master class in ipsic, AA pistol (hopefully I will be bumping up to AAA this year) and A class rifle (Will be moving up to AA soon) and AA in small bore metalic silhouettes. But what would a gang sniper like me know Me. all knowing transcend

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
I shoot master class in ipsic, AA pistol (hopefully I will be bumping up to AAA this year) and A class rifle (Will be moving up to AA soon) and AA in small bore metalic silhouettes. But what would a gang sniper like me know Me. all knowing transcend
i've seen kids straight outta' compton with better grammatical skills than you. better hope you never have to aim by spelling words correctly.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Paper target princess eh? anybody with decent eyesight, an open mind to learnnig and without parkinsons disease can hit the X ring of a paper target. it's when the target shoots back at you that most paper princesses lose it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Paper target princess eh? anybody with decent eyesight, an open mind to learnnig and without parkinsons disease can hit the X ring of a paper target. it's when the target shoots back at you that most paper princesses lose it.
Please do not incite TheMontashu. The last thing I want to happen is to walk home one night and see a kid in a trenchcoat pull out a rifle because I made fun of him last year.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Something just went straight over poor retard's head... :cheers:

WEAVER STANCE PWNS JOO!!(*!6111

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Damn, I don't think I ever saw this thread. Anyways, just want to give some quick input. No unit is ever as high speed as you think it is. The main difference between a bad unit and a good unit is basic fundamentals and your outstanding NCOs. Any unit without those will suck (be it SEALS, Marines, or Army), and those with them will rock. That being said I'm glad I'm a Marine.

And the Weaver stance sucks. I'd much rather present a level IV plate over my vitals than exposing my sides. And screw head shots, 2 shots to the pelvic girdle if all you've got is a pistol. That'll stop anybody.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Damn, I don't think I ever saw this thread. Anyways, just want to give some quick input. No unit is ever as high speed as you think it is. The main difference between a bad unit and a good unit is basic fundamentals and your outstanding NCOs. Any unit without those will suck (be it SEALS, Marines, or Army), and those with them will rock. That being said I'm glad I'm a Marine.

And the Weaver stance sucks. I'd much rather present a level IV plate over my vitals than exposing my sides. And screw head shots, 2 shots to the pelvic girdle if all you've got is a pistol. That'll stop anybody.
Problem with iscoceles is that it doesn't simulate natural movement. I've been told by some coaches that it's meant to simulate your natural response...face the threat, feet apart, but you're 1) likely to be moving in any shooting situation and 2) should be moving, unless you're behind cover.

So weaver or 'iscoce-weaver' (facing target, body armor to the front, iscoceles arm position, one leg behind the other in a natural walking stride) is a lot more natural.

And Westy, holding your weapon sideways is only for urban combat. It's even more fun with a long gun than a handgun.

That said, the sights still work if it's not held straight-up-and-down, and we train to shoot with the weapon canted at 45 or so for 3 yard and under single-handed point shooting. It's a more natural way to present the weapon, and you're only really using the front sight, if you're using any sight at all, at that range.

MD

PS DIE THREAD DIE

ok guys...I know many of you have real world experience and can spell better than me...but this is a MTB forum? This seems out of place, Im not dogging on ANYONE!!

Dont get me wrong, I love guns, war talk..all of it(well not war war, but gi joe type war... :))

let the kid try for what he wants and good luck to him, I still want to try out for Icecapades...but have nto had the balls to start a thread about it yet...j/k

oh and the whole weaver thing, yea for targets cool..for real world no thanks! Im a large mammal..Id be shot fast :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Problem with iscoceles is that it doesn't simulate natural movement. I've been told by some coaches that it's meant to simulate your natural response...face the threat, feet apart, but you're 1) likely to be moving in any shooting situation and 2) should be moving, unless you're behind cover.

So weaver or 'iscoce-weaver' (facing target, body armor to the front, iscoceles arm position, one leg behind the other in a natural walking stride) is a lot more natural.

And Westy, holding your weapon sideways is only for urban combat. It's even more fun with a long gun than a handgun.

That said, the sights still work if it's not held straight-up-and-down, and we train to shoot with the weapon canted at 45 or so for 3 yard and under single-handed point shooting. It's a more natural way to present the weapon, and you're only really using the front sight, if you're using any sight at all, at that range.

MD

PS DIE THREAD DIE
Thanks for the advice but I've had my guns customized. Sights are now on the right hand side of the barrel, except for my left hand side gun. It has the sights mounted on the left of the barrel for two fisted sideways gun shooting action. I don't use the sights on my long guns as I only use them shooting from the hip. Actually my only long gun is a gatling gun that I can only carry with a shoulder strap. Actually bringing it up to sight in the target is a little cumbersome. It doesn't really matter, anymore I just use it to cut back overgrown vegetation.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I also help train cops to shoot, and from what I have seen 90% of cops suck

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I hope the people taking the Weaver Stance talk seriously know of the infamous thread...

Speaking of which, what happened to it?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
damn...the thread that wouldn't die.....

no, i'm still here, but it's in the back of my mind pretty much at all times...I appreciate those that did respond, and everybody who thinks i wasn't serious can go screw.
Delete it....ONLY YOU CAN SAVE US