Quantcast

should i sell all my bikes and buy a vp-free?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Buying new bikes requires spending money. You never end up breaking even.

Bankruptcy + spending money on bikes = :dead:

:D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i only have 2.5 bikes both of which i bought used and at killer deals. i will never sell my bikes to pay off credit cards. that is the only thing i am sure of.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
i dont want to jump on the "Dog on biggins bandwagon, but come on. im considering appling for bankrupcy but i still want a rally car and a vp free. you have to step up and fix what you F*cked up.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Just from experience on finances. NEVER buy anything you don't need if you don't have the green to back it. That includes bikes, spazzy Rolexes, a 24 carat diamond collar for Fido, etc., etc.

Start with the bare minimium. Yeah, it may not be so great, but you gotta get used to it otherwise you are going to dig yourself into a deeper hole. Listing the most important things, you gotta to take care of the following:

(1) Your bod - what you need to take care of it (meds, food, doctor/dentist, insurance)
(2) A roof over your head. Move if needed in order to reduce costs. You don't need to spend alot of $ for a nice luxury house in Bev Hills or similar. Have it close to where you work - this will do two things: cut down auto insurance costs and auto gas & maintenance costs
(3) A car (to commute to work, take hot dates out, etc)

Other than that, have a professional help you figure out your budget and what to do with the debt. You gotta stick with your budget, nothing spared... and stay with it until you come clean. It ain't going to be fun, but that is what you gotta do to keep the ship above the water.

-CAbiker

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
biggins said:
well i only have 2.5 bikes both of which i bought used and at killer deals. i will never sell my bikes to pay off credit cards. that is the only thing i am sure of.
Pick 1.5 bikes and sell it. Keep the one that is the most versatile for your type of riding (i.e., can use it to climb, freeride, and some dhing)... and use the $ from the 1.5 bikes you sell to pay for your debt ASAP b/c it just keeps building every second, whether you realize it or not.

Once you get your boat floating again, then you buy some nice rigs. :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
chicodude01 said:
i dont want to jump on the "Dog on biggins bandwagon, but come on. im considering appling for bankrupcy but i still want a rally car and a vp free. you have to step up and fix what you F*cked up.

see thats what people are not understanding. the vp-free would be bought with money from the other bikes and the rally rig would be down the road i was just bored at work and wanted to get started on some long term research.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
biggins said:
see thats what people are not understanding. the vp-free would be bought with money from the other bikes and the rally rig would be down the road i was just bored at work and wanted to get started on some long term research.
what im not understanding is your filing for bankrupcy and you want a nicer bike.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I say yes but wait for next year when they work all the kinks out of the first year bike. People are dumb including myself who buy bikes in their first year, there are ALWAYS issues with em.
In the meantime you can follow peoples threads who lately have been "Hell yah after a five month wait i got my VP-Free i'm stoked as all hell!!!"
You can wade thru in a few months the "Goddamn it takes forever to wait for that frikkin bushing/bolt/bearing/swingarm whatever to get back from Santa Cruz!!!!"
To the eventual "Wow the next years VP-Free's are gonna fix the blah blah blah, they're gonna be so rippin!!!"