Quantcast

Should I???

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Looked at this the other day.

LBS has it for $749.00. I rode it around the parking lot a little bit and kinda dug it. Should I get it or not?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That seems to be a very very good price for that bike. Grab it and ride it like crazy. When stuff wears out - replace. The frame is a really nice platform to do all sorts of stuff with! Check out what Alex (bcd) has done with his orange rockhopper. I think he even names it. ;)

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
That seems to be a very very good price for that bike. Grab it and ride it like crazy. When stuff wears out - replace. The frame is a really nice platform to do all sorts of stuff with! Check out what Alex (bcd) has done with his orange rockhopper. I think he even names it. ;)
Actually, I think Alex works at the bike shop I saw it at. Maybe I'll go talk to him.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Talked to Alex today at the shop and he gave me a lot of good info about the Specialized. I was wrong about the price, though. The comp in the picture is $949.00 and the one Alex has is $749.00.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I was kinda thinking about running a rigid front fork. I could probably build up one of Soul Cycles' Dillinger frames fairly cheap, also.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
You can go that route as well.

Stay tuned for some more info on the Dillinger in the not too distant future. We'll have one to test and do a write up here on Ridemonkey in the not too distant future.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
You can go that route as well.

Stay tuned for some more info on the Dillinger in the not too distant future. We'll have one to test and do a write up here on Ridemonkey in the not too distant future.
They have it on sale on the website for $245.00 through October, then it goes up to $345.00. Plus, you can get one of their rigid forks for $35.00!!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
good to meet you, funny so know someone else local that is also on RM.
another though is i will be selling mine sometime this winter so start
building up parts for my new dh ride.