Quantcast

Should I?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
A guy I ride with Demo'd an Epic 29er the other day and loved it... now he wants to by my frame at 75% retail... that's really good offer for a bike with 2 seasons of racing on it. Plus, I'm always up for a new bike build. Thing is, I cant find something that I think will fit what I want as much as the Epic does.

Needs to be equal to or under the weight of the Epic. Like the epic, it needs to climb well out of the saddle and have good handling manners in technical terrain, yet still be able to carve tight singletrack. Also has to have a tapered HT (so I can use my fork).

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
One idea would be to stay with the bike you love. You could either not sell and tell him to buy a new one... or take his 75% and adding the remaining 25% to get yourself a new Epic.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
One idea would be to stay with the bike you love. You could either not sell and tell him to buy a new one... or take his 75% and adding the remaining 25% to get yourself a new Epic.
Well that's the thing. I don't want to sell my epic to buy an epic... not very many improvements have been made to justify that. But I always like building up and riding a new rig... I just figured there was some new hotness out there that would be an upgrade from what I have (lighter or more functional)... I'm just not finding it.