Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yurp

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So evidently some roadie got sliced up by a disc rotor. I remember riding with Lance Canfield like 15 years ago and some guy grabbing a spinning rotor (bike upside down) and getting a nasty slice. Spinning rotors=spinning ninja stars.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ventoso-blasts-the-use-of-disc-brakes-in-the-peloton/

That said, these guys are riding like 1/2 inch wide tires at 50mph down roads with no armor or leat braces. Ever seen what happens when these guys hit the ground? And they do hit the ground...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Seems to me that if Roadies ban the use of Roads in Road Races then they would be banning themselves from competition. I know those guys can be a little tunnel visioned but I kind of doubt they'll fall for it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Is the disc brake ban like other bans in road biking? Everybody will start installing discs in their hotel rooms with spotters in the hallway to alert them if UCI inspectors are on the way. Eventually the winningest racer in recent history will be stripped of his titles because he was on rotors, they'll never actually prove it, but a former teammate who was busted for discing will rat him out in order to get his career back.

I forget what site it was on, but they had a pretty good breakdown of how he likely cut his knee in a crash, and in no way whatsoever cut it on a rotor. Moral of the story, pro road racers are total weenies.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is the disc brake ban like other bans in road biking? Everybody will start installing discs in their hotel rooms with spotters in the hallway to alert them if UCI inspectors are on the way. Eventually the winningest racer in recent history will be stripped of his titles because he was on rotors, they'll never actually prove it, but a former teammate who was busted for discing will rat him out in order to get his career back.

I forget what site it was on, but they had a pretty good breakdown of how he likely cut his knee in a crash, and in no way whatsoever cut it on a rotor. Moral of the story, pro road racers are total weenies.
Disks on road bikes was a ploy to get dentists to buy new road bikes with disks.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You should read the road forums the hate against dics and how they are loving having this to jump on.

Motorcycles on the other hand has injured rides and one killed this year yet nothing done to avoid that little problem.

I have been on road dics since June last year and they are amazing.

The overall stupidity is mind blowing.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Soooo he didn't realize it happened till later and he somehow knows that was from a disc?

I have no idea how you get a cut that looks like that from a spinning disc rotor. And plus it's on his left leg. DAFUQ

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Soooo he didn't realize it happened till later and he somehow knows that was from a disc?

I have no idea how you get a cut that looks like that from a spinning disc rotor. And plus it's on his left leg. DAFUQ
i saw the images of his lacerations. based on location and pattern, the disc claim is VERY suspect.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i've read that if you look real close at the wound it appears that it happened from him hitting the front sprockets on the cranks. the cuts had those teeth marks in them. these guys may or may not like the disk brakes, but in todays world they are screwed by bike sponsors wanting them to showcase the latest gadgets. what i don't get is them going to thru axles. wheel changes will take longer and since they are racing against a clock it makes sense not to go with thru axles.