Quantcast

Shouldn't they cover this???

J

JRB

So in looking at warranty papers, I think Nissan screwed me. They replaced a heater hose, power steering hose, and all drive belts. In reading, they should be covered. Here is stated coverage -

Engine -
All internal and external engine components including the entire lubrication system and the cooling system. All manifolds, turbochargers, and related components. All engine electrical parts. All emission control components. All seals and gaskets. Belts and hoses.

That is word for word. There is nothing stating in the exclusion about belts or hoses. The shops says they are not covered. I say they are, or I am hiring an attorney. These repairs totalled over $700. :mumble: What say you???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Uh.

"Belts and hoses"

Does your auto shop have some kind of literacy problem? Did you point that phrase out to them?

Are you sure you're still within that warranty period (for engine parts)?

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Uh.

"Belts and hoses"

Does your auto shop have some kind of literacy problem?

Are you sure you're still within that warranty period (for engine parts)?
Pretty sure I shouldn't go there next week to have the power steering pump worked on since I just gave the guy a pretty good ass eating for insulting my reading comprehension.

Yes - I am 67,000 miles into the 100,000 miles period. Less than 4 of the 6 years.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'd hassle them until they gave you your money back, then find a new shop, unless you've had extremely positive experiences with them thus far, in which case it might be worth it to smooth things over.

After you get your money back, an apology for getting worked up (even though you may not mean it) could go a long way. If you care about your relationship with them - if you don't, then f**k it.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
It's ridiculous to hire an attorney for that amount, especially at this point in the game.

It's time to escalate.

Call Nissan's "customer care" (or whatever corpspeak name they have for it) line and explain the problem that you are having with your dealer honoring the warranty. Ask for a meeting with the District Service guy (Nissan employee who interfaces with the dealer service managers on warranty issues) or at the very least ask him to review your claim.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I would get a hold of Nissan and report their stupid asses AFTER you get your money back.

Then burn down their homes.

EDIT: what justsomedude said as well.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Did you get your Nissan at cost? :D
What dealership did you get your car, so I can report them...

EDIT: Does Performance sell hoses and belts?

J

JRB

The service guy just called and said that he was wrong. He is reviewing what we should get back on Monday. I pointed out that I had the highest warranty, so it pisses me off to have to fool with it, and I will point it out to Nissan later. I did apologize for swearing, but really f*cking hate someone questioning my reading comprehension when I have quoted a reference repeatedly. I think we are all happy now though. There isn't another Nissan option nearby, but I am done for non-warranty repairs.

jdcamb is right. Whining on the Internet does pay off. The first step of the cycle is complete.

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
What dealership did you get your car, so I can report them...

EDIT: Does Performance sell hoses and belts?
You are a dumb bastard that makes every sensory nerve in my brain hurt. I think it's time you make an ignore list.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
loco said:
Good point, Brad. I may swear about a certain frame company next.
That's funny, I just got off the phone with that company. I checked their website on a whim and found a list of blowout specials. I bought a set of TSG knee gaskets from them for 5 bucks.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
loco said:
The service guy just called and said that he was wrong. He is reviewing what we should get back on Monday. I pointed out that I had the highest warranty, so it pisses me off to have to fool with it, and I will point it out to Nissan later. I did apologize for swearing, but really f*cking hate someone questioning my reading comprehension when I have quoted a reference repeatedly. I think we are all happy now though. There isn't another Nissan option nearby, but I am done for non-warranty repairs.

jdcamb is right. Whining on the Internet does pay off. The first step of the cycle is complete.

I just went through the same thing with my truck and my extended warranty.

On a side-note, you should watch Nissan. My supercharger went out on my new truck, after 1000 miles, and Nissan tried to bang me out of $1200 for repairs. When I laughed in the guy's face and told him the truck was a month old, he appoligized, and told me that $40 should cover it. I again laughed, and told him I wasn't going to pay a dime for the repairs, he smiled and said "that's fine, here are your keys." With my expirence from that dealership, they would try to get money out of you one way or another...

J

JRB

Potroast88 said:
That's funny, I just got off the phone with that company. I checked their website on a whim and found a list of blowout specials. I bought a set of TSG knee gaskets from them for 5 bucks.
I'm still thinking about your stuff, for the fork, but Chad is getting me an 06 Roscoe out early next week. He's actually been pretty cool about keeping me informed with what's up.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just a question Loco, Did these hoses they replaced suddenly burst and start leaking??? or did you take your Ride in for an oil change and get upsold on this as PM work??? Warranties dont normally cover wearing items such as Belts and hoses Etc... Just curious, would make the situation easier to understand knowing what rpetence they were being replaced.

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Just a question Loco, Did these hoses they replaced suddenly burst and start leaking??? or did you take your Ride in for an oil change and get upsold on this as PM work??? Warranties dont normally cover wearing items such as Belts and hoses Etc... Just curious, would make the situation easier to understand knowing what rpetence they were being replaced.
Heater hose was leaking. I change the oil, or go to a quick place that is actually good. They said the belts needed replacing and I didn't feel like doing it. Power steering hose was leaking, but I think the pump is dead. The warranty covers drive belts and hoses though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think it's funny you paid them. I would have shown them the paperwork and told the, them f@ck off. You paid for the extended coverage, so they should cover it.

J

JRB

jimmydean said:
I think it's funny you paid them. I would have shown them the paperwork and told the, them f@ck off. You paid for the extended coverage, so they should cover it.
I didn't have it dug out, and they are supposed to have it tied in. Oh well, it'll work out, even if it is a hassle.

J

JRB

They are backing up on the hoses and belts now. They are saying the heater hoses are NOT part of the cooling system. WTF??? They have been informed that the sales guy will be eating this piece of sh*t agreement if it is just marketing hype. I am so f*cking sick of sales people that are liars. I spent 2 years fixing a sales guy's f*ck ups, and I'll be Goddamned if I am gonna be on the getting screwed end of these guys' stories. :mad: