Quantcast

Shouldn't they cover this???

J

JRB

So I called the guy in finance that sold me the warranty. He just repeatedly told me how busy he is and how many calls he has to return from yesterday. I asked about my call from Friday and he said he didn't have voicemail. I told him this was bullsh*t since I left a message then. Whatever. I am pretty sure he is eating this contract. What an indifferent dickhead. What he is missing is that I am about to call the owner, who I used to work cattle for. I really didn't want to have to be petty enough to bug him about a friggin' $400 bill. Oh well, I guess I will. I need to get the original agreement, but that will take a couple of days. I don't think Nissan ever mailed me a copy.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
Dude is this the extended warranty that is actually held by a 3rd party?? I had this on my '98 Pathfinder and it came in handy when 5th gear shot craps at 96k. In fact the warranty guys pissed off the Boulder Nissan service guys by telling them to rebuild the tranny instead of replacing it with an already rebuilt one.

This of course took 6 weeks instead of 6 days, so the Boulder Nissan service guys went through my Pathfinder and submitted everything they could find on it that was covered by the warranty. They seemed to enjoy doing this to the warranty f*cks..

Sorry to see you're getting your chained yanked like this..

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
loco said:
It is a part of Nissan North America.

I think these are sold/marketed by Nissan but are underwritten by some outside agency and the Dealer has to submit for approval all the warranty work to the underwriters. Still in your case the dealer needs to sack up and handle it.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Your brain doesn't have sensory nerves. :rolleyes:
Whatever asshole. Shouldn't you go back to the downhill board so you can bash the non-native American with the brightest ideas on ridemonkey about his grammar??? F*ckhead. :redhot:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stinkyboy said:
Maybe patineto should drill some speed holes in him.
I think patineto was smart enough to pretty much ignore and not take offense at such idiotic remarks :rolleyes:

It's one thing to harass the SB kids about their crappy spelling when they just don't care and don't try. It's another issue to insult someone who is clearly a non-native speaker AND contributes a lot of unique and interesting posts. It was even worse to not apologize afterwards - especially with patineto informed him of his pretty severe dyslexia. Real classy, Rob.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
I think patineto was smart enough to pretty much ignore and not take offense at such idiotic remarks :rolleyes:

It's one thing to harass the SB kids about their crappy spelling when they just don't care and don't try. It's another issue to insult someone who is clearly a non-native speaker AND contributes a lot of unique and interesting posts. It was even worse to not apologize afterwards - especially with patineto informed him of his pretty severe dyslexia. Real classy, Rob.
Thanks, I try.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Good call BV on patineto's unique and interesting posts. I'd only seen his Nicolai project previously.

Dingus, maybe you should confine yourself to the Two Word thread...

J

JRB

N8 said:
Did you call Nissan and get a Case Number?

You'll find life somewhat easier after you do so.
Yes - I spoke with a nice lady last night. The service guy has been calling me and working on some stuff. I got more belts approved. Honestly, I don't care about the a/c belt and the power steering belt, since I think that is a foolish item to warranty, but the heater hoses are BS. It says cooling system. If water running through the heater hoses isn't part of the engine cooling system, I don't know what is.

*I spoke to the most Eastern version of Sandra Hamilton, and she didn't have a Boston accent. Nice lady, even if she was hard to understand.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Coolent is only running through the heater hoses when the heater is on. So it's not part of the "cooling system" at all, it's part of the "heating system" that uses a by product of the cooling system to do it's job.

But I know what you mean. ;)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
loco said:
Heater hose was leaking. I change the oil, or go to a quick place that is actually good. They said the belts needed replacing and I didn't feel like doing it. Power steering hose was leaking, but I think the pump is dead. The warranty covers drive belts and hoses though.

Ok making more sense now, next question is, is this an extended warranty program? Something you purchased on top of the original price of the vehicle?

Also so you know, Nissan north america has some warrantie programs which are still considered third party. If thats the case, you can actually have the repairs done anywhere, I do them where i work, Just have to call them, get an approval, and they give me a credit card number.

Chances are if its the third party, they will cover the Leaking hoses, But not the belts until they are broken. Ran into stuff like that more than a few times, once where we had a coolant hose that was swollen about twice its size, but not leaking, so it was not covered, and again with an AC job where the compressor blew, They only covered teh compressor itself, no refrigerant, and none of the subsequent parts needed for that repair.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
jimmydean said:
Coolent is only running through the heater hoses when the heater is on. So it's not part of the "cooling system" at all, it's part of the "heating system" that uses a by product of the cooling system to do it's job.

But I know what you mean. ;)

By the way those systems with heater control valves are obsolete now, havent been used for close to ten years or so, think ford was teh last to use them on there rangers pickups, 98% of vehicles have Full flow of coolant at all times in the heater core, also have it set up where the AC compressor is engaged when you turn the defrost on, now instead of trying to control tempurature with a flow control valve, they are using a blend door that regulates how much air goes through the Evaporator and the heater core. Much Much more effective system

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Ok making more sense now, next question is, is this an extended warranty program? Something you purchased on top of the original price of the vehicle?

Also so you know, Nissan north america has some warrantie programs which are still considered third party. If thats the case, you can actually have the repairs done anywhere, I do them where i work, Just have to call them, get an approval, and they give me a credit card number.

Chances are if its the third party, they will cover the Leaking hoses, But not the belts until they are broken. Ran into stuff like that more than a few times, once where we had a coolant hose that was swollen about twice its size, but not leaking, so it was not covered, and again with an AC job where the compressor blew, They only covered teh compressor itself, no refrigerant, and none of the subsequent parts needed for that repair.

They will only cover the parts that I make them cover I am sure. I fully intend to flame them on every site I can find on the Internet if they do not make it right. I will also spend a portion of every weekend telling potential customers of the incident, until they have an injunction filed. Regardless - if they do not make it right, I will do everything in my power to ensure their loss of some business.

You tell me who wrote the warranty, DM.

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/warranty/nissan_security_plus.html

edit - I think it is stupid to cover belts, as I said, but if they advertise it, they should fix it. Period.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Thats Nissan's own third party Warranty program. They arent gonna cover your belts unless they actually broke. Personally i think these third party warranty programs are rip off's. In most every case i have delt with the cost never ends up covered by the repairs. Its usually a substantial amount added to the cost of the vehicle to cover it. But your Hoses that were leaking should be covered, your P/S pump that is leaking should be covered, the belts wont be covered untill peices are coming off in large chunks or break completly.

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Thats Nissan's own third party Warranty program. They arent gonna cover your belts unless they actually broke. Personally i think these third party warranty programs are rip off's. In most every case i have delt with the cost never ends up covered by the repairs. Its usually a substantial amount added to the cost of the vehicle to cover it. But your Hoses that were leaking should be covered, your P/S pump that is leaking should be covered, the belts wont be covered untill peices are coming off in large chunks or break completly.
They ARE covering the fan belt. I thought I already stated that.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
skatetokil said:
honest car mechanics are like straight priests and trustworthy politicians.

Thanks, i needed that insult, Lets see i have a 20K education in the Automotive feild, My way of thinking is" Would i do this on my car" Dont generalize the automotive like that. I am very honest, as is everyone i work with at all Nine of our locations. We have a Strick Fraud policy, if you lie or try to sell something that isnt needed, Your not needed. No exceptions. Work the feild yourself before HAmmering it, you will realize these Crappy tv shows that find all them"Cheat shops" have to go through 1500 plus to find three bad ones. BAR int eh state of californai regulates stuff like that, and let me say that with them in place any crokked shop is sure to get Nailed, there is More than enough "Honest work" in auto's that one should not have to "Cheat" there customers to make a Paycheck.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I wouldn't know about all these things... I'm a Toyota owner.

My ex has a Nissian Maxima tho.. and several issues (but it's a '94 model).

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
DirtyMike said:
Thanks, i needed that insult, Lets see i have a 20K education in the Automotive feild, My way of thinking is" Would i do this on my car" Dont generalize the automotive like that. I am very honest, as is everyone i work with at all Nine of our locations. We have a Strick Fraud policy, if you lie or try to sell something that isnt needed, Your not needed. No exceptions. Work the feild yourself before HAmmering it, you will realize these Crappy tv shows that find all them"Cheat shops" have to go through 1500 plus to find three bad ones. BAR int eh state of californai regulates stuff like that, and let me say that with them in place any crokked shop is sure to get Nailed, there is More than enough "Honest work" in auto's that one should not have to "Cheat" there customers to make a Paycheck.
Reading that made my head hurt.

Really.

J

JRB

N8 said:
I wouldn't know about all these things... I'm a Toyota owner.

My ex has a Nissian Maxima tho.. and several issues (but it's a '94 model).
That's nice that you help your ex with her car. I had you pegged all wrong.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DirtyMike said:
By the way those systems with heater control valves are obsolete now, havent been used for close to ten years or so, think ford was teh last to use them on there rangers pickups, 98% of vehicles have Full flow of coolant at all times in the heater core, also have it set up where the AC compressor is engaged when you turn the defrost on, now instead of trying to control tempurature with a flow control valve, they are using a blend door that regulates how much air goes through the Evaporator and the heater core. Much Much more effective system
I drive a '69 Chevy C10 and it has no AC. But I did get the heater installed a few months ago :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jimmydean said:
I drive a '69 Chevy C10 and it has no AC. But I did get the heater installed a few months ago :D

"It's cold outside but I don't give-a fvk, I've got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo..."

-David Allen Cole

J

JRB

N8 said:
"It's cold outside but I don't give-a fvk, I've got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo..."

-David Allen Cole
I have a different, less socially correct DAC song in my head for some reason.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Ha, Sorry i made your head hurt, i missed where they were covering the belt also, thats Awesome that they are covering that under the program, most wont, i will remember that Nissan did for you next time i have one on my rack.

My 20k education covered spelling and grammer, i just cant type very well, and have a tendancy to rattle off when i am on a rant!!!

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Ha, Sorry i made your head hurt, i missed where they were covering the belt also, thats Awesome that they are covering that under the program, most wont, i will remember that Nissan did for you next time i have one on my rack.

My 20k education covered spelling and grammer, i just cant type very well, and have a tendancy to rattle off when i am on a rant!!!
By remember I hope you mean with a rag, a can of gas and a road flare.