Quantcast

show off your road bike(s)

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
tho sexxy orbea, my bike is a cannondale r600 that is bright fire engine red, sexy, with orange striped maxxis xanith tires, just pure sex appeal to bad ride monkey willn't let me show it off

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Arsbars said:

Not the best pic, but ohwell. It has a Gel Flow saddle now. Oh and minus the ghetto rigged rear light.

OH!!!! :drool: That is a beautiful Orbea!!! What model is it and is the gold paint job custom or some sort of factory one? it would perfectly match my Trans-Gold V-10 :D:D:D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Arsbars said:
Orbea is an Altec, 2003.5 . It's a stock color from last year, they had them on blow out this past winter. :)
If only I had been looking for a road bike and had the money for one back then. :rolleyes: Looks like I'll be getting a used Trek from a friend now anyways.

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
Nitromike said:
Gimme a list of the components and I'll give you some suggestions.

wheels: mavic CXP21
tires: maxxis xenith 23mm
brakes: cannondale stock
flight deck: shimano 105
rear derailer: shimano 105
front " " : shimano tiagra
crank: cannondale ex, stock
petals: look, model?
bars: deda anatomic 310
stem: cannondale, stock

there ya go maybe ya can help with that

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Not cheap, but you can drop a chunk changing wheelsets, the FSA RD400 is a good one for around $400. Saddle looks like a S.I. Trans Am? If so you can drop over 100 grams swapping to a S.I. SLR or almost 100 going to a SLK, both can be had for $80 or so. ITM MIllenium stem will drop some, not sure how much though. BTW, did I mention cutting weight can get expensive? :D It all depends on what you want to spend, for around $1k you can cut a pound, is it really worth it?.

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
yeah i knew it was gonna be pretty pricey but im gonna do one thing at a time and hopefuly cut the cost by ordering thru a local shop, thanks god for sponsors

JGard

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Boston, MA
Yeah, didn't see that color available for the Sport. I'm kinda poor, and I'm a beginner, so I kept it as cheap as possible.

I Wanted the carbon color...but noooo, that isn't currently available on teh 04's in 62cm. Oh well. Blue and white it is.

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
Well...this is mine

My Pinarello Prince SL 2003 with Campy Record

This is my latest ride Pinarello Dogma 2004 with Campy Record

Yummy ride of both of it with different feel!

Regards
sbw

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
JGard said:
Yeah, didn't see that color available for the Sport. I'm kinda poor, and I'm a beginner, so I kept it as cheap as possible.

I Wanted the carbon color...but noooo, that isn't currently available on teh 04's in 62cm. Oh well. Blue and white it is.

That ended up being a UK/Euro/Canada only color for the Allez Sport .. shame, it woulda sold well here in the US also.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
The Jinx said:
Well...this is mine

My Pinarello Prince SL 2003 with Campy Record

This is my latest ride Pinarello Dogma 2004 with Campy Record

Yummy ride of both of it with different feel!

Regards
sbw

:nuts: Then while you're on the ground those bikes are mine!!!!!

Nice bikes :D

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
Here's a pix of my new road rig. Pretty sweet (though I only have 600 miles on it or so). C-dale R3000 CAAD7 frame, full 2004 DuraAce 10 speed, Ksyrium SSL's, FSA bar/stem/headset. I added D/A pedals and swapped saddle for a SLR and Hutchinson tires. As it sits it's 17.25# (with cages, pump and tool pack) in a 60cm.

The other pix is of the newest addition, an SS road rig. Pretty fun. Put it together last Friday and did 82 miles on it Saturday. Rides nice.

-Couch

Attachments

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA

My new wheels, goes out for her first maiden (longer than neighborhood) ride tomorrow evening after work. Been way to exhausted the past few days to take her out.

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
I like the compact style (used to hace a TCR) cos it usually has a taller head tube, which helps with bar height without the use of a billion spcers, I ride a standard 50cm frame where the h/tube is so short you need a stack of spacers which still gives me a 4.5cm drop fron the saddle.

I think the giant's small was a little too radical, the Spec seems to have a little less severe slope, think the Giant hade a 53.5cm TT with a 44cm S/T, give me something with the same TT and and a 46 or 48cm S/T and it would be great.