Quantcast

Show Your Monkey Sticker

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mackie said:
You need one of those "I'm changing the environment - ask me how!" bumper stickers. :rolleyes:
Uh...its a ****ing H3. I bet it gets no worse gas mileage than a ford explorer or my jeep cherokee. Its not like he's driving the Exxon Valdez.
...why do i even bother. you retards believe anything you're spoonfed.:rolleyes:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Uh...its a ****ing H3. I bet it gets no worse gas mileage than a ford explorer or my jeep cherokee. Its not like he's driving the Exxon Valdez.
...why do i even bother. you retards believe anything you're spoonfed.:rolleyes:

You are on fire this week. Pure gold. I wish you had let me give you that wheel. You deserve a prize. It's like you're showing off since dh girlie popped in this week. :D

*I can't get my Goddamned car out of the shop to put my sticker on it. :mumble:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
BurlyShirley said:
thanks man, I'm sick of people busting my chops over gas....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
BurlyShirley said:
You drive a Cherokee and defend an Exploder, and I'm the retard? :rofl: I hope you & Mancil enjoy filling up with these gas prices .:)

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhhhhahahaha! A Forester that get 29mpg? What sort of magic fuel do you use to get it that high? ;)

Or maybe your driving is all highway?

Nah - I'm still not buying it.
:stupid: I am thinking he is high on the fuel.

I despise when people lie about fuel mileage.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhhhhahahaha! A Forester that get 29mpg? What sort of magic fuel do you use to get it that high? ;)

Or maybe your driving is all highway?

Nah - I'm still not buying it.
I have always gotten much better mileage on my cars than most people with similar cars. Stadard tranny + short shifting = better mileage. Shift out of firt before 2k, same for second then go straight to fifth. May have to floor the pedal but keep the revs low and you can accelerate with traffic and get great mileage.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
I have always gotten much better mileage on my cars than most people with similar cars. Stadard tranny + short shifting = better mileage. Shift out of firt before 2k, same for second then go straight to fifth. May have to floor the pedal but keep the revs low and you can accelerate with traffic and get great mileage.
You still aren't gonna get 29mpg with a Forester. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
and you'll need a new clutch 300% faster than you should.
Nah, Had my GTI for 140K miles and the original clutch never showed any signs of wear. Only need to slip it when starting off.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Nah, Had my GTI for 140K miles and the original clutch never showed any signs of wear. Only need to slip it when starting off.
A clutch gets tons of wear milking gears like that. I can't imagine it not slipping driving 25 - 30 in 5th.

edit - I babied my diesels like that, but there is a ton more low end torque.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
A clutch gets tons of wear milking gears like that. I can't imagine it not slipping driving 25 - 30 in 5th.

edit - I babied my diesels like that, but there is a ton more low end torque.
A clutch won't wear any more unless it is slipping. Now the rest of the engine may see more wear but full throttle at 1700 rpm isn't generating much power or torque.

J

JRB

Westy said:
A clutch won't wear any more unless it is slipping. Now the rest of the engine may see more wear but full throttle at 1700 rpm isn't generating much power or torque.
Which makes the clutch slip. I think.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
BurlyShirley said:
But Cherokees are cool. H3's...especially white ones, are the homo-gay.

J

JRB

MMike said:
So YOU'RE the one holding me up in traffic? I shake my fist at you in a menacing fashion!!
So you're the guy flailing about in his car knowing that when we are at the gas pumps together you will discretely shove your hands up your own ass, praying no one notices it was you??? :rolleyes:

Samson

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
loco said:
Which makes the clutch slip. I think.
Nope. A clutch slips when either the pedal is neither fully released nor depressed or if it is out of adjustment.
Shifting early will have no adverse effects on the clutch when compared to shifting "normally".

The EPA ratings for the (non-turbo) Forester are 23/30, so 29 is possible. The XT knocks it down to about 19/24, so 29 out of one of those goofy things is a bit hard to believe.

Anyway, I don't have a Monkey sticker to show anybody.

J

JRB

Westy said:
A good clutch will not slip unless the pedal is pressed. :help:
Any clutch will wear, pedal or not. It is a friction point. I am not saying I am right about it wearing faster, but it seems like the clutch will give before tires or the flywheel will when you have too much torque for your speed. That's the point I am trying to make.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mackie said:
Subie Forester (29 mpg).
You drive a lesbian car, and you're going to knock my manly '93 Jeep with 180K, USEFUL 4 wheel drive and a half/krylon paintjob that I bought for $1k 2 years ago and has never broken down?

Nice..you lesbian.