Quantcast

SHOWA Fork?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I wasn't just spewing random sh*t.... If you read on the BOS site it talks about how they initially wanted to make the fork inverted but decided against it so that they could run a standard 20mm front hub. I was just using it as an example. :disgust1:
sorry dude, i'm just messing with you, most forks (RS, marz, fox, manitou all come to mind) usually try and stick with non-inverted lowers for just that reason, bos was just a funny example given that companies have been doing this for years now, didn't mean to piss you off :imstupid:

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
sorry dude, i'm just messing with you, most forks (RS, marz, fox, manitou all come to mind) usually try and stick with non-inverted lowers for just that reason, bos was just a funny example given that companies have been doing this for years now, didn't mean to piss you off :imstupid:
It's cool. Hard to tell when someone is dead serious or joking at times.

What I was saying though is that people were expecting the BOS to be inverted, and they said if they wanted to play into that hype they may have sold more even than they are going to. (Something along those lines) No telling really. Marzocchi and Manitou have both had inverted forks (manitou is even bringing the Dorado back) but have stayed with a 20mm hub which has probably hurt stiffness. I was just referring to having to run a proprietary hub to make it work really well. That is something that Marzocchi and Manitou have not gone to...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
As a team they did have some good results compared to others..........on a single pivot.

what's your point? pretty much every competitive bike besides the Sunday and Santa Cruz are single pivots. 9 of the past 12 mens world champs have come on single pivots (9 of 10 until Sam won on the Sunday). The majority of world cup podium spots go to single pivots. . . etc, etc.

I'm just curious why some people are so quick to write off single pivot bikes as second rate?