Quantcast

shredding with bender

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
$60 seems kinda low. Would do it if I was in hucking shape.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You ridden there? I heard it’s fun but not well mapped.
ohv parks can be super fun to ride in. there was one in VA that i'd occasionally hit like 20 years ago and there's one here adjacent to pisgah that we run routes through sometimes. it's always funny when the moto dudes look at you like you're crazy.

here's ol phil riding trail 9 at the one here a few years back. it's like a rutted out flow track. sinkhole is another classic pisgah trail just behind the ohv park.

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
ohv parks can be super fun to ride in. there was one in VA that i'd occasionally hit like 20 years ago and there's one here adjacent to pisgah that we run routes through sometimes. it's always funny when the moto dudes look at you like you're crazy.

here's ol phil riding trail 9 at the one here a few years back. it's like a rutted out flow track. sinkhole is another classic pisgah trail just behind the ohv park.
Sinkhole FTW. :cheers:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You ridden there? I heard it’s fun but not well mapped.
Parts of it. It's a pretty big network and being moto trails there are only a few routes that have sustained climbs/descents. Bender did some events out there and I think they want to run shuttles too. Given that wrong turns there could mean endless rolly polly BS I guess a guide could be useful.

I personally get a little annoyed when mountainbikers move into some of the few places motos are allowed and then take over the place like they own it. It's usually not a big deal until the entitled masses arrive, but then it's another lost moto spot. I don't really like people bringing extra attention to places like this just to make money. And I don't even own a dirt bike (yet).

But hey as long as that IMBA trailbuilding book keeps making the rounds, moto trails beat the bullshit getting built by mountainbikers any day of the week.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Parts of it. It's a pretty big network and being moto trails there are only a few routes that have sustained climbs/descents. Bender did some events out there and I think they want to run shuttles too. Given that wrong turns there could mean endless rolly polly BS I guess a guide could be useful.

I personally get a little annoyed when mountainbikers move into some of the few places motos are allowed and then take over the place like they own it. It's usually not a big deal until the entitled masses arrive, but then it's another lost moto spot. I don't really like people bringing extra attention to places like this just to make money. And I don't even own a dirt bike (yet).

But hey as long as that IMBA trailbuilding book keeps making the rounds, moto trails beat the bullshit getting built by mountainbikers any day of the week.
That's the thing, at least with moto trails there's a better chance of sustained high speed. I like Mammoth Bar's approach - on/off days for motos/bikes.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Windrock does it well, keeping the moto/mtb trails separate. The place we ride in Pisgah doesn't see much mtb activity, and we tend to ride it more when it's closed for the season (Jan - Apr).