Quantcast

Shreddy Ray's 2009

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Ray's MTB/Dirt Rag is holding their 2009 women's weekend Feb 20 - 22. It's open to women of all ages, skill levels and off-road disciplines.

If they run it like last year it will be women-only on Friday Feb 20 until 4p, then they open the park for the rest of the weekend to everyone.

TreeSaw, you can get in touch with Amanda at Dirt Rag if you're still interested in getting Luna on board. Maybe you already have that under way. :) Hope you can make it!

Shreddy = Shreddin' Betties

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
can't wait to go back. was just there january 30th weekend. i posted these on another site; thought i'd post them here also, in hopes it might help someone make that decision to decide to go.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Sweet. The ol' rumer mill says the RSVP list was at 200. I never saw it so can't vouch for it but that would be sick! if that were the case.

Can't wait!!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
200 seems unreal so I'm trying not to focus on that so it's not a big disappointment if there are only 100. Ha!

Very bummed you won't be there TreeSaw but we'll be thinking of you throughout the weekend. Hopeful next year's schedule works out perfectly for you and your familia. (Or just you if you need a break. ;) )

I heard about a similar gig in Whistler, where several hundred DH Shreddies converge on the mountain for a day. Anyone have the skinny on that?

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
200 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: is everyone staying for the weekend? i have a hard time picturing 200 women (even 100) in addition to all the regular weekend crowd. i think the restroom is going to need an upgrade (remember last year?)

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
here are some pictures from the womens’ weekend at ray’s. it wasn't 200, but it was probably doubled from last year. they said it’s going to be the same weekend next year so mark your calendars. the niterider rep said they will be there again too. if you didn’t stay (or didn’t know about it), niterider had about 30 lights to borrow, and at 10:00 p.m. saturday night, all the lights were turned out in the park and there was a night ride for anyone who brought their own lights or anyone who borrowed the ones from niterider. IT WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN. ray said he’s going to do it again, so if you’re planning another trip out there, be sure to check if he has anything scheduled. thanks ray, dirt rag and niterider for a great weekend.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thanks for posting those redheadshredder. ;)

We haven't gone through our photos yet but I'll get some posted as soon as possible.

In the meantime here are some more siiiiick photos: http://www.mxfreakspix.com/ Mostly women and a few fellas at the end.

Too much fun. Can't wait for next year!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I got permission from the photographer in the above link to cut n' paste some of his pix here. There are way too many to post here but I hope you all click his link above and scroll through some super rad shots of the many skilled and newbie betties reeking havoc on Ray's.

Starting off with the Hostess with the Mostest: Nina B!

Tammy's gonna kill me for posting this one of her asleep at the wheel! hehehe:

This BMX shredder was landing 360 barspins on the resi. Sorry we didn't get a pic of it but here she is looking mighty comfy up there in the air:

Nice kicks!:

Gale giving my bike a proper ride:

edit: Photographer sponsors this girl Hannah for motocross. And if I understood his email correctly this was her first time riding bikes on ramps. Go Hannah! (Sorry about the GF confusion Rich. D'oh!)

Last edited: