Quantcast

shrimp on the barbie

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
probably not VB or partsy style, but this was my first foray into grilling shrimp. made a marinade consisting of juice from one lime, some canola oil, some tequila, a lump of brown sugar, some chopped cilantro, and two minced red chile peppers. skewered 'em on some water-soaked bamboo spikes and threw 'em on the hot grill.

ready for the grill:

on the grill, w/ some fennel:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Shrimp on the grill is awesome. I marinate mine in a little paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, lime juice and olive oil. I grill them in one of these gay grilling baskets:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the basket works well for fish which would be hard to turn w/o it all falling apart, but shrimp can lay flat on the grill just fine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
the basket works well for fish which would be hard to turn w/o it all falling apart, but shrimp can lay flat on the grill just fine.
I'm too lazy to load the shrimp onto skewers. I'd rather just dump them all into the basket.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Somebody say 'Prawns'?

Though it would be tough to get these in most places, full-sized, fresh from the coast, caught this very morning giant prawns are fabulous just cut in half and tossed on the barbie.

Yeah, me being a snob again. I can't do this in Toronto, or most places, but I did do this in SB a few times - we got LIVE giant shrimp from the local fleet every now and then, and Holy Mother of God! It was worth it!

The chunky white bits are chopped garlic, slathered in olive oil and lightly dusted with powdered chipotle peppers..

It was like eating fresh lobster, only the portions were smaller...

mmmmmm.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Looks good Narlus, grilled shrimp are just about the best thing going. My favorite are when they are lightly coated in olive oil and then sprinkled with finley choped garlic.

Personaly, and don't flame me for this, I think grilled shrimp are much better than lobster