Quantcast

Shrimp Po Boys

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fresh Gulf Shrimps breaded in Corn Meal and piled high. Remulade and Mufaletta. Awesome French bread. Provolone cheese to take it off the grid....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I can't get good Oysters here to make them Authentical. I go to Boston next week and will surely get some good ones....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Made them out of Tigers tonight. I clean them up and soak them in Buttermilk over night. Then I dry them off and put my homemade Old Bay mixture on them, a little olive oil and then I grilled them off on high heat. The tigers I get are huge. They fully cook in 3 minutes. I tried the sysco coleslaw. Not happy with it and refused to serve it. I am looking for a good recipe. Why is everything I get from Sysco so damn salty??? That and the packaging is always grimy....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I am drinking tequila.

Mufaletta. Almost worth retuning to NO for...

That is some desperately good shiz.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oysters fried 2 plates tonight, I made 1 a little under done. Folks like them that way?? Too much work for just a little reward. Flap steak, steak tips marinated in NY Speedie marinade. Oh my...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pics or it didn't happen.
Bought the flap steak today at BJ's. Got 4 days to make it... The speedie marinate is $4 a bottle. I want to try to make my own, I am open to your recipe....

Speedie Gorgonzola Pizza Calzone with eggs and rosemary potatos is next... Flap steak is so good....

The Chef made Chicken artichoke calzones tonight for the staff. The best baker we have is 20 years old....

I bought a fancy new knife and chopped a big slice of the end of my thumb off for the suck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fresh Oysters from NYC and Marticellos French loafs. Sharp provolone and Giardiniera with greek olives and capers. I made the first loaf with Oysters. The second and third loafs where all fried shrimps with helofagood cocktail sauce and my awesome cajun ranch relish.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I have chosen NOT to find a place within 50 miles of me that makes a good Po Boy of any sort (including not making them myself). This is due to the fact that, if found, I would be dead within 3 months. When I travel...and find them...they are my sole source of sustenance.

Jan 4, 2013
Po' boys are awesome. I don't get them nearly enough. The place here has some kind of roasted garlic tiger sauce that my wife says makes me reek for days, so I have to wait until she goes out of town.