Quantcast

*** Shun day ****

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. I think I'm going to buy a new bed today. Ours is somewhere around 10 years old and the springs are permanently compressed such that there are divers where I sleep. I'll think about it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Solo movie was good! Pro tip: You'll enjoy outer space shoot 'em up movies a lot more if you go into them not expecting to unlock some deeper meaning of life. Loved the character cameo near the end too.

I just got back from running six miles at the track.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most of the major assembly on the swing set/playhouse is done. Some stuff to be moved from the garage, but that will wait because of the rain. Put a tarp over the big portion that's already outside because there's no sealant on it yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Solo movie was good! Pro tip: You'll enjoy outer space shoot 'em up movies a lot more if you go into them not expecting to unlock some deeper meaning of life. Loved the character cameo near the end too.
a silent movie in space would be fun!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Awake. I think I'm going to buy a new bed today. Ours is somewhere around 10 years old and the springs are permanently compressed such that there are divers where I sleep. I'll think about it.
We really like this one: https://www.costco.com/Novaform-14"-Serafina-Pearl-Gel-King-Memory-Foam-Mattress.product.100153895.html . Probably will make you sign in then click on the link again. In 2015 we paid $800 for the King, so it does go on sale periodically (or inflation is a bitch).

Soon I will have to haul myself into a pool for the neighbor kid's birthday party. My gut will be modestly hidden behind a rash guard. :D Then sashimi tonight sans kids.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I actually looked at that one when I was there a few days ago.
Jessica concurs with me. "Yeah, I like them a lot", she says. I flip often during the night and with memory foam it doesn't disrupt her, plus with the gel it doesn't sleep overly hot. We got another one for the guest room, even (thus "them"), both because we have sympathy for guests and because I end up sleeping up there often when it's hot or when I snore.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Attending a celebration of life get together with immediate family today for my grandma. Pretty low key, which is cool. My dad has explained that she didn't want a funeral or anything, which isn't shocking.

After this, maybe perhaps a ride. All I know is that it's balls hot out. Yesterday's ride felt like we were in a damn jungle with humidity.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
call from parents neighbors.....seems someone was looking to break in while i was out this morning...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Uber slow day here. Cats made me sleep through most of it. 5/5, I would bang again.

Side note: if you seek a non-traditional gift with a personal touch, this guy (my former colleague) delivers: http://khkwoodworks.com/
He is a fucking perfectionist.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley is currently "playing" Tynker - coding for kids. Games these days are awesome.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
spent most of the day cleaning up my truck, camper, and Kayaking gear. 9 days on the road and everything was absolutely filthed. They have vessel inspections here so my boats needs to be spotlessly clean if i want to be able to launch. I had to wipe don the inside and outside of the hull, clean the mirage drive, wipe out the inside of the paddle shafts and dry my PFD. It took hours to get all the bug splats off the front of the truck and the camper. Haven't even really started to wipe all the dust off the inside camper surface or the truck cab for that matter...oy
before
32931927_2124304270919905_3024839144657387520_o.jpg

after
33764415_2132635533420112_5206292311771709440_n_Fotor.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
was not expecting to ride this weekend since I was solo parenting, and it was supposed to thunder-shower all weekend.

But it didn't rain today, and my wife got back at 5. I had already prepped dinner, and she asked if I wanted to go biking... twist my rubber arm!

It was awesome out. despite pouring rain yesterday, there was no mud today. :confused: I'll take it! it was cool enough that the bugs weren't too bad, and given that it was Sunday evening, the trails were mostly empty. And I'm not sure if one workout (on Friday) made the difference, but hotdam was I feeling strong and confident. I need to work out moar if that's the case...

Had the remaining tacos I'd prepped for dinner, and two beers.

I'd say this was a solid end to what I was expecting to be a pretty meh weekend.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
F8AA36C4-949D-4F4E-B428-B5D93198B425.png
798B68B4-71D8-4E8C-83A2-3FF296EA4F48.jpeg
Managed a solid ride. It felt good to NOT be the one gassing out early. Especially when the other guy has run 50km mountain races.

Could it be I’m getting fit???

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Stopped by the Bongshed today, First time in a while. Did not partake. Contact buzz was had. You folks are all goofy when you're all stoned and shit.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Day 4 of our 5-day SW Colorado camper trip. Didn’t ride today, truck is having issues with the ignition lock cylinder and there were lots of neat things happening in town so we spent a day chilling out. Managed to remove the lock cylinder, so the ignition key is now a pair of pliers. Gonna ride in Ridgeway and Cerro Summit on the way home tomorrow. Camped up on a dirt FS road off Hwy 550 about 40 minutes north of Durango for the night, girlfriend is making fish tacos, and I’m drinking a Marble IPA and watching the moon rise. We’re at high enough elevation I need a puffy and a beanie. Good times.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had a bumble bee fly into my car and down my shirt on the way to Thuper Awethum. I swerved while swatting, it stung me. I pulled over and yanked my shirt off. Little fucker fell out on the ground.

There has been torrential rain recently resulting in a lot of debris from water run-off, blocking several sections of trail on that slope. Took the Rogue Hoe up there and cleared it all. Even re-arranged some rocks for better bumps. Also cut some branches and dug a drain. Did about 4 hours of trail work total. There were no other people on that section, perfect gnome session.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Day 4 of our 5-day SW Colorado camper trip. Didn’t ride today, truck is having issues with the ignition lock cylinder and there were lots of neat things happening in town so we spent a day chilling out. Managed to remove the lock cylinder, so the ignition key is now a pair of pliers. Gonna ride in Ridgeway and Cerro Summit on the way home tomorrow. Camped up on a dirt FS road off Hwy 550 about 40 minutes north of Durango for the night, girlfriend is making fish tacos, and I’m drinking a Marble IPA and watching the moon rise. We’re at high enough elevation I need a puffy and a beanie. Good times.
so I take it you are enjoying road tripping with the camper these days

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
or could it be... eBike?! That's a whole hell of a lot of vert in 3 hours. sounds... painful.

congrats (I guess?)!
3 hours of moving time... there were some breaks in there. Probably an hours worth.

Still pretty pooped.

Angry Midget is a bloody great trail.