Quantcast

Shunday

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Still alive...barely! The last 1.5-2 months were .... not ideal! Sick multiple times, crazy amounts of work, needed to cover for a long-term sick colleague, health issues from my mom requiring an emergency visit and we will see firings at the department ... ugh! :(
I hope these 12-14 hr days of work are behind me for now and I can get more out on the bike again. Worst part was no time for the 'monkey! How are you guys and gals?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Barely slept. Karting with Haley today. Hopefully not too tired to get into a kart myself.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Filed taxes. Owe $2.96. :disgust:

Looking at my income, somehow I made quite a bit more last year, compared to 2021. Hopefully there's no mistake in there...only think I can think of is the bonus being higher.

Oh well.

Have to do a little work this morning and then maybe a bike ride??

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hope these 12-14 hr days of work are behind me
Not good times!

I'm surprised yall don't have a law preventing those types of work days. Though I guess if you're at a smaller company, maybe there's literally no one else but you to do the work.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not good times!

I'm surprised yall don't have a law preventing those types of work days. Though I guess if you're at a smaller company, maybe there's literally no one else but you to do the work.
We have laws. But I am hired as "37+", meaning I do not get my overtime paid. Working in academia, general labor laws apparently do not apply here in Denmark. :( We are understaffed and when our admin staff/technicians go home after their "37" hours and there are work tasks that need to get done for the teaching/field work/lab work the next day, guess who has to do it? If I do not step in, my students and my research suffer.
My situation was special this spring semester though, because I needed to cover for a sick colleague. But in general, the work environment has challenges. From what I hear, universities in all countries face the same challenges and this is why we lose a bunch of highly qualified folks to industry.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Teh Spousal Unit™ just found out about this and now I’m probably going on a “bikepacking” trip.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Stomach messed up last night and didnt sleep much. Going to head out in a bit to spectate the pro 50 mile race, hopefully in a nice shady spot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Girls had States for Gymnastics yesterday and youngest got 3rd overall and won bars. Oldest competed her events and will find out her placing today as she was double booked today with a concert. We are both playing with the local Concert Band and our final concert is today. Lots to do!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
How do I donate to your bacon fund?
Who, me ?

Working on my new phone setting up navigation and stuff. Venmo account is next. Will post it when I get It all figured out.

You know, you can buy pre cooked bacon that can be carried in a pack. Been thinking about a breakfast burrito of peanut butter, honey, mayo, bacon and dried banana chips on a flour tortilla. Sounds gross as I type it but it was all I could think about on the way back to the car after the last backpacking trip. It’s basically Elvis’s favorite sammich in hiker form.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Teh Spousal Unit™ just found out about this and now I’m probably going on a “bikepacking” trip.

Looks pretty cush. If you don’t have to put on yesterday’s sweat soaked shammy then He’ll yeah !

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Who, me ?

Working on my new phone setting up navigation and stuff. Venmo account is next. Will post it when I get It all figured out.

You know, you can buy pre cooked bacon that can be carried in a pack. Been thinking about a breakfast burrito of peanut butter, honey, mayo, bacon and dried banana chips on a flour tortilla. Sounds gross as I type it but it was all I could think about on the way back to the car after the last backpacking trip. It’s basically Elvis’s favorite sammich in hiker form.
imagine packing what is required to make noodles from scratch in the middle of nowhere.....need to find the video....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

I assume given the //////$100 a day pricing structure that this line item is a shuttle service FOR your beer:

BEER PACKAGE
$57/person

Note to self: there are people being paid to shuttle beer to beautiful singletrack destinations...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Who, me ?

Bacon is cured, in other words preserved. Just throw it in a ziplock and it should be good for many days.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20230430_123628.jpg

this fucker came close to beiing victim #2 to the mongrel....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi
I went to the home depot. Got some plants. Bathroom looks cool now. Raining out so not much room for activities outside...really want to get the yard in shape.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Enteritis lingers. 10 lb down in water. Got labs and an Rx for Zofran at the urgent care. I guess I’ll have to run out to the hospital to pick that up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This track is fucking fast. There are only two places where she has to lift, sitting over 40mph almost the entire track, with a top on every lap between 48-50mph.

Amusing getting here because you're apparently supposed to pay when you get to the gate. We told them we were going to the kart track and they just waved us through. After we went through they saw the kart and had to come find us. They just assumed that because it was a little girl that we were renting. Was kind of cool that he apologized though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
++vibes, Doc. Has everyone else in tu familia avoided it?
everyone has avoided contact with my feces, apparently

been snuggling with snuggly middle kid all along (since it's clearly not a respiratory thing I have) and she and everyone else are fine thus far