Quantcast

Shuttle Gaurd?

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
Alright, so I have seen bikes that have shuttle gaurd (not sure what it is actually called) type things on the bottom of the frames to protect from rubbing when the bike is in the back of a truck etc. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy them, if all else fails I am going to cut up an old tire but would like a nicer one if poss.
Cheers...K

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I know some guys who made downtube guards out of diamond plating and stuck it on with double side tape. Worked really well.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
this is what i had on banshee:
(now i put all parts on army so from banshee is left just frame and cranks)

i put maxxis high roller old tyre
(click for biger pic)

this is the cheepest and easyer thing to do

and on army and apocalypse i have diamond plate..

and army

ps. i am bored right now so i put pics to get my time pass by faster :evil: :dead: :mumble: :cool:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
just put a blanket or something over the tailgate. as long as you wont be driving too fast over bumps the bikes will be fine.

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
Cheers for all the info, we put carpet ove rthe back of the truck but its a long shuttle and sometimes it shifts with a whole lotta bikes in there.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
how about this...???

Yes I do know i when a little over board with the Tyres and the straps, but i was having so much fun i kind of losee track of it..

yes I also know the seat is way to high, but you know what i like to pedal,, i do have a shorter seat post and also a quick relase on the collar...

Now the bike still features the "Permanent" chain stay guards(top and bottom. but the down tube one is now attach with velcro so i can take it out in not time and re install it when i need it..

Or maybe you can use some "Mister Tuffy" and wrap it around the down tube..

keep you mind open you will go much farder that way...