Quantcast

Shuttle Launch!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Anybody watching the shuttle launch today? It's online at www.nasa.gov.

Maybe DRB can give us a play-by-play a la the tour since he now has nothing better to do... I don't think I've watched one since sometime in the early '80s. Good luck y'all.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
jdschall said:
Anybody watching the shuttle launch today? It's online at www.nasa.gov.

Maybe DRB can give us a play-by-play a la the tour since he now has nothing better to do... I don't think I've watched one since sometime in the early '80s. Good luck y'all.
I will go outside around 10:39 face north and take a look

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
53 minutes to go and like a billion miles.

All 7 Return to Flight astronauts are strapped into their seats inside Discovery's crew cabin. With good luck wishes and waves, the Closeout Crew has sealed Discovery's hatch for launch. The STS-114 team is now going through final checks inside the orbiter to prepare for liftoff.

Today's launch time is precisely calculated for 10:39:00 a.m. EDT.

Team Discovery wins the tour. Discovery goes to space. Take that Frenchy.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
TreeSaw said:
I got to see a shuttle launch or 2 when I was little and lived in Daytona Beach. It was quite a site :thumb:
being about 200 miles away it isnt quite as exciting, but with clear skies I should be able to see the trail

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
42 mintues to launch

NASA's two Solid Rocket Booster retrieval ships, Freedom Star and Liberty Star, are reporting to be in position for launch. Both ships are currently on station 140 nautical miles out in the Atlantic Ocean to the east of Jacksonville, Fla. The ships will tow the boosters back to Kennedy Space Center following each rocket's 7-minute descent into the ocean. The ships and their cargo are expected to arrive at the Center at 7 p.m. EDT Wednesday.

You asked for it.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DRB said:
Freedom Star and Liberty Star, are reporting to be in position for launch. Both ships are currently on station 140 nautical miles out in the Atlantic Ocean to the east of Jacksonville, Fla. The ships will tow the boosters back to Kennedy Space Center following each rocket's 7-minute descent into the ocean. The ships and their cargo are expected to arrive at the Center at 7 p.m. EDT Wednesday.

You asked for it.
Can you imagine being those dudes? I got it, I got it... wait wait.. You get it