Quantcast

Shuttle near Cle Elum?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Coming back from Canada on Thur and we are trying to figure out a ride to do on the way back.
I heard there was a single track trail you could shuttle, any info on this would be great. Also need more people to shuttle with if anyone is intrested, as of now its just me and my wife. Levenworth could be another possiblity

Thanks

-Kim

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Gotta be Rat Pac. Though the gate may be open or closed. See the recent mtbr thread on this. There are other ways down too. But, that's the most well known.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
If you have a 4X4 truck you could shuttle Boulder Trail. But yah the access is a 4X4 forest road, so it's not a typical shuttle. And it's North past Lake Cle Elum.

Good trail, but other than that you'll have to go east to Taneum Trails (moto'sd out with not much gravity) or Kachess Ridge further west for shuttle.

But yah the Rat Pac has good flow, if you haven't been you should check it out. Not what it used to be from what i see with pics on the webbe, but should still have some good qualities...

Checking in with the shop in Cle Elum and stating the work you've done might get you in the door from some less know about stuff....

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2004
I would be intrested in Kaches; it's on my list to do... I heard on Sat there is a Super huge blowdown at the top...

http://www.bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trail:Kachess

It says on here there was an avalanche as of July 20...

maybe on Friday then the middle fork (snoqualmie) w/b open also, to bikes... there is this other trail in that area

Are you in Whistler? Did you ride that new line off the upper Gondola station? I rode it on Monday; I think thats the fastest I've ever went on a bike and then road through a rutted mud puddle above Garbanzo.

Last edited:
The getting around the blow down is no big deal. A path around the devastation has been flagged and did not destroy a large portion of the trail, only about 500' of it.

I am interested to know more about the new line off the upper gondola station?

Jun 18, 2004
The getting around the blow down is no big deal. A path around the devastation has been flagged and did not destroy a large portion of the trail, only about 500' of it.

I am interested to know more about the new line off the upper gondola station?
I think the new line is part of one of the crankworx races... I think you could find info somewhere on the bike park page... I just notice a more than usual number of peeps riding the gondola past the lower mid station and on my last run stayed on the gondola...

I did from the upper gondola to the villiage in about 20 min w/1 stop. That was taking freight train because Osin was so greasy and slimy that it just wasn't working for me earlier in the day.

I think if I go up again this week my bike w/the dh40 and saint derailer are in order if it's still wet. I've been lovin' my all mtn (6.6") bike there until I hit greasy garbo on it.