Quantcast

Shuttle rigs

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Not WRC, extreme off-road or military build rugged but pretty tough compared to normal road cars, you would be surprised on what it can do when you go a bit off-road :)

Btw, thought I didn't quite get the meaning of rugged so I took a peek in a dictionary "Having a sturdy build or strong constitution" :P

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia

91 GMC 2500 4x4 extended cab long box. Strictly my shuttle rig. Holds 10 bikes and riders pretty easy. I added a tool box for people to sit on.

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
my new toy! e36 328is 5spd. I haven't figured out where my bike is going to go yet. But I haven't ridden in a while cuz this thing is too fun! Joining an AutoX club soon...;) Coilovers and rear brakes next week. Gawd hobbies are expensive....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
my new toy! e36 328is 5spd. I haven't figured out where my bike is going to go yet. But I haven't ridden in a while cuz this thing is too fun! Joining an AutoX club soon...;) Coilovers and rear brakes next week. Gawd hobbies are expensive....

bavarian autosport, mesa performance in costa mesa, BMP outa tyler texas, and a few others... Raced BMWCCA E-30s for a while and built them up to be monsters... Had SEVERAL including newer 5 series over the last few years..

You will love that car, bullet proof performance on them.... Fast and controlled. Nice ride.....

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
bavarian autosport, mesa performance in costa mesa, BMP outa tyler texas, and a few others... Raced BMWCCA E-30s for a while and built them up to be monsters... Had SEVERAL including newer 5 series over the last few years..

You will love that car, bullet proof performance on them.... Fast and controlled. Nice ride.....
Sweet, I am going to join BMWCCA soon. I was looking at e30s for a while, but I am just in love with the e36 body style and specifically the m52 in the 328 it took me 6 months to find the right car and I had to sacrifice the interior to get one in great mechanical condition. I plan to go FI eventually when I am done getting the suspension on this thing exactly how I want it. I know the m52 is a great platform to build on. I also bought this car because it is a cornering machine. I have a thing for cars that can handle. My dream machines being an Exige S, or 355 berlinetta.:thumb:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
You gonna be racing in STS?

Fast cars are fun, but so are cars that handle great. I had an old vw rabbit with a 97 jetta engine in it. It had coilovers, Bilsteins, strut bars, sway bars, and 205's wide on that little thing. It wasn't fast, but it handled like a go cart up the canyons. I miss that ghetto ride.
I miss autocrossing

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
lol yeah I miss it a bit but Ill build another shortly... With living part time in Socal now its inevitable...
Front was 15"strapped rear was 20" notched frame with Hyd bumps and tucked tires real well on compression. 4 tube bypass on rear and coilovers (prototype Bilsteins) on front with 2ndary valving in the oversized resis.. Hyd. bumps all 4 corners, full boxxed frame and c-notched rear for more up travel full engine cage, rear cage etc... TONS of work on it.. Did all the work myself, built a class 7u Toyota years back and have done fab off and on for over 15 years.. Definently fast...
Only thing I never got to finish was the hinge pinned bike rack for 4 DH sleds in it.. Had it all mapped out and was building it along with a 5 light roof ring collapsable for driving via screw actuators...

Last edited:

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Current shuttle duty rig. '01 Dakota SLT.

9 bikes, 1 7 bike stand, 3 frames, 4 wheelsets, 2 forks, 3 tool boxes, 1 repair stand, 8 tires.

The will be sitting on 1-tons and 37's in about 2 years time. I miss my old XJ crawler and need to fill the void.
I've been searching local dealerships and craigslist lately looking to find a good deal on a E350/Econoline van to replace the Dodge.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
HELL yeah! Nut up or shut up and no question you went for it.... LOL

Buddies got popped for 160 on crotch rockets, Mikey was was freaked out... He just got out of prison (literaly :D)... LOL
Too bad that ticket's in kilometers.. So what thats about 70mph? Hate that highway too!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Mine is AWD already. Thats good enough for me. Plus, I like 19-20 mpg on the hwy.
what year Express is that?
they look like a good choice for my next vehicle w/ the awd mdoel. if the Econoline came in awd, id look into one of those too.
the Chevy has the nicer interior and exterior imo tho

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA

2 bunks, inverter, 3 heaters. Room for 3 riders, 9 bikes and a full pit-setup for DH racing.

My favorite possession.

Just shuttled 21 riders with it on Sunday w/ help of a 14 foot trailer.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
what year Express is that?
they look like a good choice for my next vehicle w/ the awd mdoel. if the Econoline came in awd, id look into one of those too.
the Chevy has the nicer interior and exterior imo tho
My Express AWD is an 06. I just found another locally with 40,100 miles for $13k. I paid $13k for mine with 56,500 miles. The AWD is sort of hard to find.

Nice! didn't realize they made those in AWD, just assumed 4WD and RWD..
They only come in 2wd and AWD. You have to do a 4wd conversion to the 2wd to get real 4wd.

I cant believe I get 19-20 mpg on the hwy with mine. I love the damn thing so much. I have gone through many rigs looking for the ultimate bike rig and Ive finally found it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My Express AWD is an 06. I just found another locally with 40,100 miles for $13k. I paid $13k for mine with 56,500 miles. The AWD is sort of hard to find.
ive found a few around me with the AWD option w/ a similar price.
gonna go look at some this week.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
They only come in 2wd and AWD. You have to do a 4wd conversion to the 2wd to get real 4wd.

I cant believe I get 19-20 mpg on the hwy with mine. I love the damn thing so much. I have gone through many rigs looking for the ultimate bike rig and Ive finally found it.
Even better.. AWD>4WD, for 99% of the time for me at least.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My $2900 find 95 wrangler, 33s, 4" lift
New top, rear and front seats, tires, rims, carpet kit, roll bar pads, runs perfect couldnt pass on price..
This allows for custom bumpers and bike hauling fab work... :D

An no the oil spots arent mine, a workers car decided to leave some work for me... LOL Oh well...

Last edited:

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
This is how we do:

On the back of my slammed supercharged G35 lol.

Sagging crossbars with 3 40+ lb. DH bikes on the Evo.

Been borrowing a friend's truck more recently.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
You could run an Asian massage parlor out of that thing and fund your whole season...as well as your bike biz.

2 bunks, inverter, 3 heaters. Room for 3 riders, 9 bikes and a full pit-setup for DH racing.

My favorite possession.

Just shuttled 21 riders with it on Sunday w/ help of a 14 foot trailer.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here is my rig holding it down eight deep.
That thing is sick. Any feedback? I am looking to get a van and I have a soft spot for Fords. But I also like the Sprinters. But being more expensive than a good E250 the Ford seems like a better choice. How do you have it setup inside?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive seen Express vans with over 300k miles on them. The only problem with the Ford vans is they dont get as good of gas mileage as the Chevys. Also, Fords only come in 2wd or you have to do a conversion and they are spendy. The Chevy is AWD and should be fine in the snow or mud. Ill be testing mine out this winter.