Quantcast

Shuttle tomorrow? Auburn? DOIT!!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Man, that was some of the best riding in my life!! Mad Haderer and I got shuttled from the Woman (Sarah) and got in some serious ride time. I love that place-Murderers and Stonewall rule!! I'm down for Monday morning-Sunday is my Sabbath this week-need some family time. JB if you're down for Monday, let me know!! Anyone, feel free to pm me. H

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Man, that was some of the best riding in my life!! Mad Haderer and I got shuttled from the Woman (Sarah) and got in some serious ride time. I love that place-Murderers and Stonewall rule!! I'm down for Monday morning-Sunday is my Sabbath this week-need some family time. JB if you're down for Monday, let me know!! Anyone, feel free to pm me. H
I'm working on finding a babysitter as my usual babysitter (my mom) is out of town. I've been a little busy due to the recent news from Friday morning and just now checking this post. I'm pretty tired and drained plus I don't even know if I have to come in on Monday (my regular off day).

I'll let ya know.

If it is Monday it won't be until later on like 11:30 ish but I should have a shuttle driver.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Don't know if you guys were up there but I made it up around 11:30. I hit the tiny little step down from the OHV entrance road and leaned alittle too far too the right and clipped a branch or something. Either way, my pinkie is all swollen up. Had fun and should be of Sat and Sun if anyone looking to shuttle then.

hey, do any of you ever do any random riding through the trees over by Foresthill?
bombing down the dirt road to Drivers flat is crazy fun if you dont get run over:busted:

anyways i went a little further to the end of Foresthill road to Robinson Flat and found the gnarliest jagged quartz and granite rock face.
it was probably a good 1000 feet long and had about a 500 vertical foot elevation drop from top to bottom.
i tried to bomb down it and work the hell out of my suspension and quickly learned that i made a big mistake by doing that...
lets just say that my bike bucked me off like a bronco and i rolled over jagged rocks for about 30 feet... that just about sums it up.

i was just wondering if there were any good DH trails over around that area because i go up there every harvest moon for my aunt's horse race (the Tevis Cup).

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Nice bike-I hear such great things about the DHR. One of these days we'll ride.
Thanks. The DHR rocks but I don't know if I'll be on one for '07 due to sponsorship. We'll see though.

Let me know whenever you want to ride and I'll do my best to arrange something. My nephew doesn't mind shuttling me on Mondays as he's been doing it for a few weeks now.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Weather dot com says firday will have a "few showers" with a 30% chance of precip.

If you do end up comming down, though, there is a Streetlight Manifesto / Reel Big Fish / Westbound Train show this friday night at the boardwalk. The venue is somewhere like twenty minutes from Auburn.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Well, I have Saturday and Sunday off with a 2 day free to ride pass issued by my wonderful wife.

I won't be up till around 10:30am or so. If it rains, I'm out.

We'll have three guys doing shuttles Sunday morning. Meeting at the bottom of the canyon(not mammoth bar) around 10-ish.
White Tundra. Two Cuervo's and a Bullit.
Can easily fit one extra rider...
See ya there if you make it.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
We'll have three guys doing shuttles Sunday morning. Meeting at the bottom of the canyon(not mammoth bar) around 10-ish.
White Tundra. Two Cuervo's and a Bullit.
Can easily fit one extra rider...
See ya there if you make it.
Whoa! You live in Vacaville and ride DH bikes?
Don't think I've met you as I don't know anybody with a Cuervo.

I live next to Rockville and have several riding buddies in Yacayale. Don't know if I can make it on Sunday, but I'm always looking for people to ride big bikes with, since I do so much damn xc up here.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Cuervo's are damn sexy, I bet you're Sean's buddy. I love his and I would venture to say you're the one that built his... If so very nice job. If he's the other Cuervo rider tell him Rich and Joe from Sac said hey.

dvo

Chimp
May 31, 2004
hey guys, i will be coming up sunday for some work in roseville monday, any chance i could get a tour? this will be my first time up there and i was planning on gritting my teeth and doing the xc thing ( no fun on my 45 lbs iron horse sgs ) but if i could hook up with some shuttles that would be great especially since i am doing a few loops at demo sat. morning. i can fit 4 bikes and riders in my explorer and i would be happy to drive for my runs.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Ok, due to what seems like a lack of interest for Saturday, I'll go get in a road ride or trail ride.

Sunday sounds like the day to be up there shuttling...See you there.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
up there earlyier today. mammoth bar was closed, so couldnt shuttle. will be up there sunday, cuervo and a commencal, wont go if it pours but a lil rain dont hurt. going early! around 7 8am. see ya ll there

ServEm: Yup, I' the one who built Sean's Cuervo. And I've got a green one to match!
Biscuit: I've been meaning to pm you the next time I headed to Rockville, but I've been hitting other spots lately.

Others: Looks like my trucks full(could fit a fifth in possibly), but would love to hook up with others for some runs. My wife has decided to spend the day with us driving the shuttle truck so we can hit the trails and get out of there without having to spend a bunch extra time.

C-ya there!

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
Well today was a good riding day. not too hot or cold. rode with some cool people(Mike,Sean,Dale, J B, Derek) powerline's pretty sick. thanks for showen me. let me know when you guys go out again. and thanks for the shuttle rides. REALLY APPRETIATE IT!! Mike- if your at sherwoods stop by BMB. ill be in the weld shop. Later

TROUT-Great riding with you man. Gotta hook up for some more runs. You're definetly quick. Not to mention you got to be fricken ripped after riding up all the time!
After we dropped you off at your truck after your last run, we went over and checked out under the bridge. Basically it's a VERY steep skid mark that goes from one fireroad landing to the next. Made the first terrace. Checked out the second one. Rolled up to it a few times before commiting. Got a bit offline and decided to bail. Bike caught some fencing, it stopped. Flung me backwards into the air, going downhill.
I've never seen *sky-ground-sky-ground* so many times. I must have fell about 50-60feet down this steep azz slope. Doing my best impression of an out of control skier in a Warren Miller flick.
I've done in my helmet with some serious head-smacks on the rocks. And took a huge hit to the right thigh and now have a seriously huge hematoma there as well as some nasty whiplash to the left should/neck region.
I've got an ice bag on my leg and one on my shoulder as I type this tonight sipping a few beers.

WHERE YOUR HELMETS KIDDIES!!

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
I've gotta pick up a DH bike quick so I can go to some of these DH sessions. How are the trails up in Auburn? How long is the average DH trail? And how long from bottom to top shuttle?

The trails in Auburn are just killer right now! IT was the most perfect conditions with rain a few days ago. Perfect amount of tackiness. You couldn't slip out in a corner, you could seriously lay into the corners so much further today than two weeks ago.
There are multiple runs up there. Fast fireroadie stuff to steep technical. Not too much in the way of big-gap jumps or things like that. But stuff that makes for great racetracks(in my mind) fast flowing, rewarding you for going fast rather than slow. Rock gardens abound there too.
Need a dh bike? Call my shop, www.velocitybicycles.com(shameless PLUG) Shoot me a PM if you got questions.:cheers:
Get a bike man and get some pratice in this winter in Auburn so you'll be ready for N* when it opens up next year. So we all hope!:happydance:

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
TROUT-Great riding with you man. Gotta hook up for some more runs. You're definetly quick. Not to mention you got to be fricken ripped after riding up all the time!
After we dropped you off at your truck after your last run, we went over and checked out under the bridge. Basically it's a VERY steep skid mark that goes from one fireroad landing to the next. Made the first terrace. Checked out the second one. Rolled up to it a few times before commiting. Got a bit offline and decided to bail. Bike caught some fencing, it stopped. Flung me backwards into the air, going downhill.
I've never seen *sky-ground-sky-ground* so many times. I must have fell about 50-60feet down this steep azz slope. Doing my best impression of an out of control skier in a Warren Miller flick.
I've done in my helmet with some serious head-smacks on the rocks. And took a huge hit to the right thigh and now have a seriously huge hematoma there as well as some nasty whiplash to the left should/neck region.
I've got an ice bag on my leg and one on my shoulder as I type this tonight sipping a few beers.

WHERE YOUR HELMETS KIDDIES!!

That blows dude. Yea gonna half too ride again. Im gonna do some exploring next weekend i think. look for more trails on the cool side most likely. but got to hit murderers and rocky. MAN I LOVE THOSE TRAILS!

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
I've gotta pick up a DH bike quick so I can go to some of these DH sessions. How are the trails up in Auburn? How long is the average DH trail? And how long from bottom to top shuttle?
Yea theres some good stuff there. im there every weekend mostly. friday and sunday mornins. shuttles- depends on how fast you drive. and the runs depend on how fast you go. some between 3 to 4 min
others around 6 to 7min. but good variety up there. you like rocks, we have rocks. you like semi smooth single track with switchbacks and flowing berms. its there.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
The trails in Auburn are just killer right now! IT was the most perfect conditions with rain a few days ago. Perfect amount of tackiness. You couldn't slip out in a corner, you could seriously lay into the corners so much further today than two weeks ago.
There are multiple runs up there. Fast fireroadie stuff to steep technical. Not too much in the way of big-gap jumps or things like that. But stuff that makes for great racetracks(in my mind) fast flowing, rewarding you for going fast rather than slow. Rock gardens abound there too.
Need a dh bike? Call my shop, www.velocitybicycles.com(shameless PLUG) Shoot me a PM if you got questions.:cheers:
Get a bike man and get some pratice in this winter in Auburn so you'll be ready for N* when it opens up next year. So we all hope!:happydance:
Sounds great. I've been meaning to get up there forever, but since I got my license and am getting a car within a week or so, maybe I'll get up there on a regular basis!

Yeah, I need a DH bike. I PM'ed you, most likely gonna be too much $ for me, but who knows?:cheers:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
That trail is called 6 Tiers. It's pretty intimidating, I can't imagine bailing or even getting tossed on it. Really with how steep it is, you go over the bars you would easily fall twenty vertical feet before hitting terra firma.

Glad your okay. Gnarly place to crash.
Enjoy the beers :cheers:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Sounds great. I've been meaning to get up there forever, but since I got my license and am getting a car within a week or so, maybe I'll get up there on a regular basis!

Yeah, I need a DH bike. I PM'ed you, most likely gonna be too much $ for me, but who knows?:cheers:
You better come up here biznatch.