Quantcast

Shuttleable Tahoe DH Trails

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'll be staying up in South Lake this weekend and hitting up northstar saturday, but in the interest of being a cheap ass, I was thinking of looking for some other trails to ride on sunday.

Anyone want to pm me with some good non-northstar dh trails? I promise not to let any secrets out and I''ll probably have room for one or two more in the truck.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I sort of figured that's what people would say. I'm not looking for anyone's super secret special trails, maybe some that a lbs around there might point me at or something. If not, what about 2 day deals or something at northstar, anyone know if they do anything like that?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Normally I'd be down for an xc ride, but we're bringing a buddy of mine along on the trip, and either he or I is riding my medium travel bike (most xcish thing I have) the entire weekend, so that leaves one of us on the big bike with a 40t front ring and road cassette the entire time.

I think we're contemplating hitting up some stuff around Folsom on saturday and then riding northstar on sunday instead. Thanks for all the advise.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Normally I'd be down for an xc ride, but we're bringing a buddy of mine along on the trip, and either he or I is riding my medium travel bike (most xcish thing I have) the entire weekend, so that leaves one of us on the big bike with a 40t front ring and road cassette the entire time.

I think we're contemplating hitting up some stuff around Folsom on saturday and then riding northstar on sunday instead. Thanks for all the advise.

Downieville is only an hour north of NStar... You can shuttle all 17 miles of that.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle

Easy, ride your DH bike at Northstar on Saturday while he rides the other one, then switch for south lake and make your buddy drag your DH bike around all day. You'll have a rad weekend and convince him to get his own bike too! :biggrin:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Go into any local shop and say, "I'm from San Francisco, and I heard about some great secret trail on the internet."

It worked well for me.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hehehe, I think we're just going to shuttle in auburn on saturday and ride n* sunday. Someday I hope all my friends have a decent all mtn bike to ride with me. Until then, I'll just have to stick to bad advice on message boards :D

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
corral is actually a good one to shuttle if you can take the harassing of those who pedal up the road
Just watch out for a crazed Randy Spangler look-a-like spitting profanities at anyone who rides a bike on that trail with more than 6" of suspension...
"you better sell that bike now and buy some good hiking boots because these trails are getting shut down..."

Also, Auburn is going to be about 100 tomorrow... why not just ride NStar for 2 days???

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Also, Auburn is going to be about 100 tomorrow... why not just ride NStar for 2 days???

100 is no big deal since I'm originally from east san diego :bonk: and we've got a friend there we're staying with tonight. I'd also get in trouble with my girl for spending the extra $39 each for one more day of n* on this trip since aparently we're supposed to be saving money for something or other. But if I somehow manage to convince her something like $80 isn't going to put us in debtor's prision :crazy: We may do just that.