Quantcast

Shuttleable winter DH trails (OC & LA)

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
You can shuttle the Southridge courses when they're not racing. It's a really short shuttle too, only thing is you have to push up for another lil bit to get to the top.

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
downhillzeypher said:
You can shuttle the Southridge courses when they're not racing. It's a really short shuttle too, only thing is you have to push up for another lil bit to get to the top.

Thanks.

Why can't you re-shuttle it?

And what's the average time down?
Just trying to get a fell for the length.

I have some video and pix of parts of the course... looks good.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Southridge is way hot so stay away untill it cools down. Not too long for the course maybe 3-7 mins. But a lot of freeriding and stuff to. Another place to shuttle is laguna, Way sick DH trails

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
merrrrjig said:
Southridge is way hot so stay away untill it cools down. Not too long for the course maybe 3-7 mins. But a lot of freeriding and stuff to. Another place to shuttle is laguna, Way sick DH trails

Thanks for the info.

Are you talking about the laguna north of you or is there another one?

R

Rabie

Helius said:
Where is southridge and laguna? are they... actual places?
Pegboy told me that the only actual place in Socal is Bellflower. He went on to explain how The OC was just a social construct, but it was all way over my head.

Helius

Chimp
Jul 24, 2004
So Cal
It's sad all the good DH places are about 2hrs from where I live. I am a little confused, is southridge the same as the Fontana race course?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy told me that Southridge is the birthplace of Freeriding in Southern California, not the OC. The Downhill Freeride event at Fontana is such a great hit. Bring your 9-10" travel bikes with fat tires and Mons T fork when racing DH at Fontana...lower air pressure and seat too especially if you race in the expert 30's on up.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
But if you're going to race in my class, raise your tire pressure to about 60psi, seat at xc height, lock out all suspension, and wear your helmet backwards. Trust me. It works. I swear. I wouldn't trick you. Never.

Helius

Chimp
Jul 24, 2004
So Cal
Cool thanks I will have to get out to southridge sometime over the winter. I don't have 9-10" travel bike, but I still think the runs would be sweet. Are there any north shore stunts?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
You don't need a 9-10" bike... Hardtail is plenty there.

No stunts. (unless that rickety old pos ladder thing they made over that ditch counts)

Helius

Chimp
Jul 24, 2004
So Cal
When does the racing season end, so I know when it is ok to go out there with out pissing anyone off? It's sounds like a cool place. Is that Laguna place anywhere near there?

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
Helius said:
When does the racing season end, so I know when it is ok to go out there with out pissing anyone off? It's sounds like a cool place. Is that Laguna place anywhere near there?
Fontana has a winter series. Just be sure to bring a bottle of moonshine and a case of Marlboro Reds for the entrance fee.

A big stupid American sedan with numbers slapped on the doors wouldn't hurt either.

Helius

Chimp
Jul 24, 2004
So Cal
That's what I've heard. Is that why it is called Fontucky? They are all crazy about NASCAR out there. When does the Winter Series start?