Quantcast

Shuttling in and around Morganton, NC

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So this thread

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185210

Reminded me of something that happened on Saturday that I forgot to mention.

Anyway, this is the story.

A small group of us did some riding in the hills around there this Saturday. My favorite route. Raspberry - Greentown - Beehive. So the plan was to meet someone else at the top of Greentown. As we (the other people will remain nameless for their protection). A group of what I will call NOOBIES come rolling up to the top of Greentown. They looked confused, in addition to the looks on their faces they were all well equipted with some bikes purchased from their local toy store. Being the good guy I am, I go over and asked them if they were ok, cause they looked confused. Then came the Gem..

They stated. Oh we came up here to do some riding. We stopped at the Ranger station and the RANGERS drew us this map, told us to leave a car at the bottom of (they had the NAME of the road that starts at the "Dirt Mounds). Then come up here and follow Greentown to (I forget the exact route they had) but it ended with Raiders.

We tried to give them some info, hopefully they did not get lost and die out there....

I thought that was interesting.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So this thread

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185210

Reminded me of something that happened on Saturday that I forgot to mention.

Anyway, this is the story.

A small group of us did some riding in the hills around there this Saturday. My favorite route. Raspberry - Greentown - Beehive. So the plan was to meet someone else at the top of Greentown. As we (the other people will remain nameless for their protection). A group of what I will call NOOBIES come rolling up to the top of Greentown. They looked confused, in addition to the looks on their faces they were all well equipted with some bikes purchased from their local toy store. Being the good guy I am, I go over and asked them if they were ok, cause they looked confused. Then came the Gem..

They stated. Oh we came up here to do some riding. We stopped at the Ranger station and the RANGERS drew us this map, told us to leave a car at the bottom of (they had the NAME of the road that starts at the "Dirt Mounds). Then come up here and follow Greentown to (I forget the exact route they had) but it ended with Raiders.

We tried to give them some info, hopefully they did not get lost and die out there....

I thought that was interesting.
Congrats. You boys ever going to officially man up and get certified by the Forest Service and actually go out and do trail maintenance out there, log your hours and report them monthly to the Forest Service so that we can make sure we are established out there?