Quantcast

Shuttling in San Diego?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Anywhere between San Diego and Dana Point worth shuttling? Stupid question I know, but that's where I am gonna be this weekend and was debating bringing my big boy bike.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Anywhere between San Diego and Dana Point worth shuttling? Stupid question I know, but that's where I am gonna be this weekend and was debating bringing my big boy bike.
oh dude. I too am going to be in san diego this weekend. The wife has a baby shower saturday so I got all day to ride. Most of the stuff I know of is in east county or waaay east county though.

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
oh dude. I too am going to be in san diego this weekend. The wife has a baby shower saturday so I got all day to ride. Most of the stuff I know of is in east county or waaay east county though.
There's Ted Williams in Poway. The runs aren't super like out at Anderson Truck Trail, but last I saw, there were a number of features to session.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm down for some shuttle runs but this time we're rolling down in the wife's jetta so I could only hold two bikes. I was originally just going to bring my trail bike down, but if there's some shuttle opportunity I can bring the big bike.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Slight change of plans. I'll be there the weekend of March 8th. Gonna stay for four days. Got delayed here doing the things I should have done yesterday.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That was a weakass video of that trail. Mostly because they didn't even ride most of the hard lines, and didn't show the others, and one of the riders in the vid is one of the only guys to ride all the monster lines too. What a waste.

They definitely missed the steep parts of the trail too.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
To answer the original question, you're better off up near Dana Point for shuttling. SD gravity riding is kinda weak unless you're willing to hoof it.