Quantcast

Shuttling in western virginia

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Any ideas for any other spots to shuttle in virginia? I just bought a topo map of virginia and was wondering for a good place to start scoping would be. Reddish knob was pretty good but i wouldn't mind finding a place steepr, longer, and rockier.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Brandon, did you go with them to reddish this weekend? They hit Wolf Ridge which is considerably longer than the ridge line we hit but has one good climb you have to hit. Much more wide open with great terrain.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Flag pole knob is right next to reddish knob. The trail is a lot better for big bikes. The only problem is shuttling is not that easy. The last two miles is a rough dirt road. The trail is realy fun though.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
Flag pole knob is right next to reddish knob. The trail is a lot better for big bikes. The only problem is shuttling is not that easy. The last two miles is a rough dirt road. The trail is realy fun though.

Thats what trucks are for :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Thats what trucks are for :)
Dennis should have clarified, the "road" was more of a rutted, wet, muddy and some spots snow covered that bounced the bikes around so bad that you'd swear that some bike parts were chrome.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Heli-drop Elizabeth Furnace. It's the way forward.

Sherpa who can carry you on his back is another option. I wouldn't mind hitting Elizabeth Furnace one of these days and seeing just how long it takes you to push to the top via the fireroad. Looks like some very nice rocky trails based on pics I've seen.