Quantcast

shuttling Reddish Knob or Sherando?

Feb 26, 2002
Virginia
Crap. I just remembered that my wife needs my truck this weekend truck to haul baby furniture from NOVA. :(

I have another car, but no bike rack for it (Ralph has my rack). That reduces me to one car + one bike capacity. If others can shuttle, I'll pay gas. Otherwise I can ride during the week.

sigh

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
hell ya I'd be into it. I just came down from Torrey ridge a half hour ago. I know a good shuttle at reddish that I've been dying to take brad on. Ever heard of red diamond. Hey Matt you got any other good suggestions.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by overbybars
hell ya I'd be into it. I just came down from Torrey ridge a half hour ago. I know a good shuttle at reddish that I've been dying to take brad on. Ever heard of red diamond. Hey Matt you got any other good suggestions.
I talked to Tim R. about this when we were thinking of going w/ Marla. Red Diamond is really the only trail worth shuttling. He said he's tried before, and the downhills are almost more work than the uphills with a big bike.

eric1bss

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
North VA
How far are these places from Leesburg? I'm moving there on Wednesday and I'm looking for friends to shuttle with. I also have a 4x4, but I can haul 4 bikes;)

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by eric1bss
How far are these places from Leesburg? I'm moving there on Wednesday and I'm looking for friends to shuttle with. I also have a 4x4, but I can haul 4 bikes;)
Yo Fellow DHer-

I live in Round Hill (about 12 miles West of Leesburg on Rte 7).
I shuttle just every couple weeks or as often as possible. Water Shed is the closest local place. It's about a 40 min drive from Leesburg. We're going up Sunday for a shuttle day if you want to join... PM me for details.

ben

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
chit, we'll be up there around 5:45 (hopefully) probably at the first lot on the left @ the park entrance. I think we're doing to the parkway from the park to Slacks, to Torry, and down Blue Trail. Or possible in reverse order, which I think would suck.