Quantcast

Shuttling something this weekend (LA area)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hey. I want to get out and ride, but I don't want to pedal up any hills in this heat. Anybody looking to do a run somewhere on Sat? Wilson maybe? Anyone from the usual crew?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
im lookin for a weekend ride too.. Sat is out of the question for me though. family stuff. Sunday or Monday perhaps. I will def be out at the whoops once too.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I just had a flood of rides come up. Got one tomorrow and friday here in claremont (you all are welcome, but the rides i'm doing involve some serious fire road climbing to get to the downhill), so maybe Sunday should be the day. Let me make sure I dont break myself in the next 2 days, but yeah, wilson sounds real good to me. It will be interesting to see if I learned anything this summer. Check the site sat. and we'll work out logistics.

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
i might be able to go on sun. my dad doesnt like to drive on laborday. ill see if we can pick Davids grounded butt up on the way. ive been wanting to ride wilson again.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I think if we were going to do it, the only option is the early morning just because it's a multi use trail and we don't want to run over any little old ladies. I think you would be fine getting out of there by 3.

Ciaran: How long does it usually take?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Wilson usually takes one to two hours as long as we don't have to wait for people who have fallen over a cliff.

I have done it in 1 hour, and have heard that some dude did it in 45. The faster you ride the faster it's done.

Sunday looks good for me.

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
hey dhzehper, are u still grounded? i guess some dudes from my team are also ****tleing wilson tomorrow. hes gonna call me back with the times and stuff.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I can go out. And techniclly, I am not grounded. Because my car is getting fixed right now. I'll have my car back by next week.

If your parents can pick me up and stuff and get me back in Corona by 4 I'm game.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
alright, whats the word? I can ride tomorrow any time that puts me back in Claremont by 6 or so. I'm also quite prepared to make an early start if need be, and I have an SUV which can have a couple bikes crammed into the back. I haven't tried it yet, but i think 3 bikes and 3 seats is fairly plausible for an isuzu rodeo. Let's say 8 am in the JPL lot? Anybody fixin to go should post info about possible shuttle vehicles and we'll figure out what we need to do.

Also, anybody got that map that was floating around for how to get to JPL? Something about 210 to Arroyo north, but it's been a while.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
How about we meet at 9:00am at the JPL parking lot, and try to load up and be on the road by 9:30?

We need someone with a truck to carry the bikes. I can shuttle us back up to get the vehicles. I have a Honda CRV and can carry more people than bikes, but can manage 2 or 3 bikes with the wheels off.

Don't forget that there are two short uphills. Bring water and such.

Parking Lot Directions: 210 fwy to the ARROYO/WINDSOR exit. At the bottom of the ramp go right (heading towards the hills/mountains). Parking lot is on the left about a mile down the road.

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
i will be there and im bringing david. who else is comming. im pickin david up at 8 so we will get there around 9 like u said. see ya guys tomorrow

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MTNDREW said:
i will be there and im bringing david. who else is comming. im pickin david up at 8 so we will get there around 9 like u said. see ya guys tomorrow
Liar liar, pants on fire hanging from a telephone wire!

So it was just skatetokill and I today. We waited around till about 10:00am for anyone else then hit the road. It was your basic standard Wilson shuttle. It was very dry and loose. The last trail (the horse trail) was recently graded and is super loose and powdery. I imagine things will get packed down once we get some rain.

The place was empty. We say maybe 4 other bikes and 2 or 3 hikers.

It was a fun ride but it's getting loose and very dry. Once it rains it will be in better shape again.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Man, I assumed it'd be crowded as hell on a holiday weekend. I've gotta make it back up there soon. Don't know if I can go next weekend, and the weekend after is Mammoth. Maybe after, it'll start to cool down anyway.

Mike, I've still got your sunglasses in my glove box whenever you want them.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
tgreathead said:
Man, I assumed it'd be crowded as hell on a holiday weekend. I've gotta make it back up there soon. Don't know if I can go next weekend, and the weekend after is Mammoth. Maybe after, it'll start to cool down anyway.

Mike, I've still got your sunglasses in my glove box whenever you want them.
Ack! I keep forgetting abount my sunglasses! We'll hook up this week and I will pick them up.

I was really surprised to se as few people as we did. I also thought that since it is a holiday weekend it would be crowded.

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
im not a liar liar pants on fire. were were there but were not on time. david and i still went riding with some dude that was parked next to u. they said we missed u by like 10 mins. we even saw ur black crv at the top. uh what now. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You must have just missed us. And/or my clock is fast. Either way, sorry we missed you but in the past the waiting was getting pretty out of hand and these days we generally try and leave at the specified time. It's more anal, but we get done sooner with more time for beer.

Did you have fun? Do you remember what trails you rode?

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
we prolly passed each other commin in. is anyone interested in doing another shuttle at wilson this comming sat. i cant go sunday but my buddy really wants to ride wilson.