Quantcast

Sick Wheels

rockshoxsam

Chimp
Oct 27, 2004
I gotta get some new wheels for the evil Imperial im getting, and im looking for suggestions. So far im considering mavic EX729's and atom lab aircorps. I've also been thinking about wheather or not to get 24" wheels. What do you think?

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
mavics are always solid, sun MTX's have a good history of not breaking, the trail pimps are heavy but really money$$$ (as in good)

congrats on the imperial.....i dream of owning one

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
mtx sucks bent mine in two rides because my bike fell off a 5 foot high ladder I have had a set of mavics for 2 years and have only trued them 1 time no kidding. same kind of spokes on both the sun wheels and the mavics. sun is more affordable but if you buy the mavics you will not replace them.

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
I have 729s on my Imp and I think it was a little overkill. The wheelset was orginally bought to go on a DH rig that I haven't got yet. I would say 721s would be a better fit for urban and DJ. I would also suggest 26" over 24". One of the cats on this board had his set up on 24s and I really disliked the way it felt compared to mine. Hope this helps

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
as many other members on here will tell you, atomlab has a shady reputation for the worst customer service and not so up-to-par products. the wheels (speaking from personal experience) are junk. heavy, flatspot easily, started to separate at the seams. And, no reply from atomlab about a warranty on the seam thing. Now, ive been on azonic outlaws (the wheelset) for about 6 months and i love them. only had to true them twice. No flat spots, excellent wheelset for just about anything. reasonably priced, too. I paid $270 for the wheelset at wheelworld.com