Quantcast

Sidi shoes - other than Dominators

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Okay so the Sidi Dominators seem to be the shiznit when it comes to mtb shoes, but what about some of their lesser models? I just noticed they also have a Dragon that must be even higher end?

How do the lower end Sidis stack up?

Some of the lower level models such as the rampa look a little "cheap" to me in terms of the quality of construction.

So what's the 411 on Sidis? If not dominators, is there anything else worth getting?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't like my dominators. Feel like they come lose as I ride, constantly have to stop and tighten them. Most shoes do this after a few minutes, my sidis do it for hours.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have a pair of the bottom line Sidi, which still do the job 6 years later... I just do not care for the straps which point towards the bike. I tend to rub my crankarms with my heels, and the straps sometimes catch...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SkaredShtles said:
Get the old Dom-IIs:

They kick ass. Probably impossible to find anymore, though.

The uppers on my Dom 2's are seperating from the soles. I have to superglue them back together every month or so.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SkaredShtles said:
How old? Mine are now.... hmmmm.... 7 years old? No problems as of yet.

Edit: of course, I don't ride. :(
I doubt they are that old -- maybe 5. I really have no clue. I still use my 13 year old Dom 1's for road riding, though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
so far the sidi reviews seemed mixed.

Westy - what shoes do you ride if you ride something different from your Sidis?

Hearing good things about the PI shoes. May try them or some shimano shoes next.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Still using my rampas from 99, still going strong. I had to trim the straps a bit, but no real other problems. The soles are pretty worn out, but they still get ridden 3-4 times a week. I might buy some new shoes this fall (either bullets or dom5's), but still debating. I'm happy

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
i had a pair of the carbon fibre sidis. i never bothered buying the replacement parts and they always loosened up when ever i actually tried to use them for something. My vote is NEVER AGAIN. those ratchet straps suck.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I don't care for the way Doms fit my feet. I've had very good luck with the higher end Diadoras and this year I've got some of the top end Adidas (can't remember the name) but I live them so far.