Quantcast

Sigh...I'm glad I didn't get the expensive one

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So it's spring right? gorgeous day yesterday. So I haul out the Heckler and the bike trailer. Get the tires all pumped up. Hook it to the bike. Grab my daughter, put her in....and she has a total meltdown. She's now petrified of the trailer for some reason. She was fine with it in the fall. Now it's like I was pulling off her fingernails.

Oh well. I didn't want to ride anyway.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the wonders of getting older, welcome to Meltdown City, for the next 16-17 years please keep your seat in an upright position and your tray tables secured. It's going to be very bumpy ride.;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
she's probably terrified of the potential criticism and needling that the neighborhood kids will give her when they see her being pulled by a simple, pedestrian, single pivot bike. try a Turner 5 spot and you'll get a different response, i'd bet.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
maybe if you sit in it first and show her there is nothing to be afraid of???? now thats a picture for you!!! :D

J

JRB

s**t man - just be glad you didn't start the girl jeans thread today. :think: The cup is half full.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Bummer. that stinks. Fortunately my little boy still loves riding in the trailer and will go out on 30+ mile rides with me.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I took Noah last Sunday out in the trailer for the first time around our neighborhood (lots of hills.............ugh) - he's 10 months old and did good for the most part. We were out for an hour but he had a "meltdown" the last 10 mintues. Evidently an hour is too long for him, he also melts down for my wife when she takes him for a jog and it goes longer than 50 minutes.

Anyway, Mike I hope your daughter gets used to the trailer it really is alot of fun..........

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
She did just fine when she was only 9-10 months old. No problems at all. But then she didn't see it all winter. Now she's almost 15 months old... more aware of "stuff" in general. It's a totally foreign thing now.

It'll take some work.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
MMike said:
She did just fine when she was only 9-10 months old. No problems at all. But then she didn't see it all winter. Now she's almost 15 months old... more aware of "stuff" in general. It's a totally foreign thing now.

It'll take some work.
Our boys are completely fickle about the trailer. Sometimes they love it, sometimes it's torture. Maybe there are phases, but I can't keep track between the two of them.

It's a great workout when they both wanna ride tho!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Andyman_1970 said:
I took Noah last Sunday out in the trailer for the first time around our neighborhood (lots of hills.............ugh) - he's 10 months old
Wow. That's 3 people on RM that have kids named Noah. (You, Manimal & Me) My Noah is almost 2 1/2 and still loves it. The first time I took him on a long ride he melted down in the last 3 miles, but that was because I forgot to bring a snack for him, it wasn't that he didn't like the trailer.