Quantcast

Sigh...life lessons...sigh...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So, some of you know that I am retired from the military. 25 years of banging my head against the wall. It wasnt all bad, if it was, I wouldnt have stayed that long. The good days and good people more than outnumbered the bad days and douchecanoes. I al a fairly acerbic and sarcastic, what fucking glass type. Underneath I am fairly cuddly and somewhat of a decent guy. But I digress.

I started a personal training/fitness coaching business and worked in some gyms in the C Springs are, but COVID tanked that, there was some personal trauma, and then along comes an opportunity to return to my old world, but as GS employee in Germany. I say what the heck, its Germany, I love Germany (3d tour here...), its only a 3 year initial contract, I make some jing, badda bing, badda boom I am home and re-modeling the house. The family stays in C Springs, cuz things are going too smoothly and I promised them I wouldn't move them again. No sweat, right?

Wrong. COVID made it weird, the unit I am at is a kick in the balls every day, I miss the family...blahblahblah stop whining already. I am cutting my losses and walking away from a really decent paycheck to go back to my little den of insanity. The stress and irritation of a world that I had come to hate when I Left is too great, and it is time to admit at least a temporary defeat, return home and reboot/regroup, smoke a fatty and figure out what I want to be when/if I grow up.

I will return to the fitness world and love every damn minute of it, even if I am counting reps for housewives. I am so done with the military industrial complex. Even though as a hippy Liberal tree hugger kid I thought I could handle it in order to ride cool bikes in cool places...I cant.

TL/DR? Dont chase the brass ring or the big $$ at the cost of happiness and contentment. I thought I knew that...

///end///

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
JohnE :thumb:

And people give me weird looks when I tell them what I do. But hell I love the job, its easy, I have very little stress. I could make a lot more money doing something else but I would hate my work in doing so. Good for you in figuring it out sooner rather than later

as an old friend once said. There will come a time in your life when all you can do is sit on the front porch. Don't be the guy sitting there saying I wish I had done this or that. Be the guy telling anyone within earshot the stories of all your grand adventures. Go out and enjoy life. if something sucks the life out of you go do something else.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
As Baz Luhrman said:
Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life
The most interesting people I know
Didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't
I hope you have some interesting times ahead. Keep adventuring!