Quantcast

Sigh...misunderstandings suck

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So awhile back I run into a friends wife. She looked down in the dumps that day and I said something I thought would make her smile and cheer her up. Turns out she misunderstood my meaning (Thought I was hitting on her...) and has been carrying this around for over 3 years. They are at the base I am headed to in August, and I sent a heyhowsitgoingwearehearededyourway email, to which she responded with a hey****offIrememberhwoyouhitonme email. This is a guy I have many miles with, and I was truly looking forward to hanging out with them again. But because she is/was -

a) Too dumb to realize I was just being nice...
b) Didnt have the guts or brains to ask what I meant.
c) Stubborn enough to carry this around with her for 3+ years and not say anything

my optimism regarding this move is gone, and it has just become another thing to deal with before retiring and moving on. Stupidest thing is that had she said anything to him about it, I am sure he would have laughed it off and said I was just being nice. I dont do that kind of thing...I hold my marriage sacred and totally respect the unions of others. I will and do flirt, but often right in front of my Frau, just to see if she is paying attention, and NEVER seriously. I usually get smacked upside the head for doing so, which is okay. I have been with Frau JohnE so long I wouldnt know what to do if another woman showed interest.

Man, I hate people sometimes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Have you mentioned it to your friend?

This seems like a hilariously petty thing to be dwelling on for years. Sounds like a lovely person to be married to - I bet your friend gets criticized about mistakes he made a decade ago.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Send her a urine soaked towel. It doesn't really matter whose urine it is but it would be better if it was your wife's urine.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is she a redhead ? Sounds like she might be. So damn vain that she thinks everyone who says hi is hitting on her. Just tell her that you would never hit on someone with such poor taste in shoes.