Quantcast

)*: Sigh Saturday :*(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ffffffff. :rant: Worst "sleep" in as long as I can remember, topped off with some dumb cunts setting off fireworks at 445 am. Twas the death knell for my sleep, so here I am.

Gotta pack up and hit the road around lunch. Grabbing my bro along the way and it's off to seclusion we go.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy fuck tired. Brownie before bed led to awake until 1am. On a positive, Yeti is almost rebuilt, 24" is effectively built, and rebuild for Trek being sold has started.
Sunburn feels like hell and muscles hurt like a mofo from pushing bikes up steep rock trails yesterday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
F9 was very stupid but was entertaining.

now being driven to mountains as I am fatigued by the late movie. Full minivan with 6 people (father in law the extra) and area behind 3rd row full up.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Turns out it's not neighbor who doesn't want bike. It's his parents want to buy a new bike, but spend $200. Hence the Walmart bike. I showed him the current status less the drivetrain, as a stock Giant as delivered from, but pink, @SkaredShtles with a current $0 cost output. He's seeing them tonight and will talk with them about changing their ming to getting her a better bike by buying a dialed, used one.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Is Cambriabike still legit? They have a frame on their page with no picture and ambiguous description of features, not allowing to identify the model year. E-mail to them gave first a response after 5 days with "I don't know what model year it is" and my request to identify what type of dropouts it has (welded on or G1) was answered with "a replaceable derailleur hanger". WTF?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is Cambriabike still legit? They have a frame on their page with no picture and ambiguous description of features, not allowing to identify the model year. E-mail to them gave first a response after 5 days with "I don't know what model year it is" and my request to identify what type of dropouts it has (welded on or G1) was answered with "a replaceable derailleur hanger". WTF?
They were back in the day. They've gone downhill and are overpriced as of late. Pick up the phone and call them. They're down by Santa Barbara/SLO, iirc.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it seems the next time i visit the parents i will have a new baby sister....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Somebody named Videogame whore emptied out my Paypal balance. After waiting 3 hours to talk to a live person. They are investigating it. It will take 3 days for that. Then another 3 to 10 days for the Money to hit my account or some shit. I am done with Paypal. It seems to not be a secure platform for online transactions as folks other then me can access my account not related to a purchase. Fuckity fuck.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Somebody named Videogame whore emptied out my Paypal balance. After waiting 3 hours to talk to a live person. They are investigating it. It will take 3 days for that. Then another 3 to 10 days for the Money to hit my account or some shit. I am done with Paypal. It seems to not be a secure platform for online transactions as folks other then me can access my account not related to a purchase. Fuckity fuck.
Fudge

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That sucks man. I was warned years ago by a friend who sells a lot of outdoor gear online to never leave any money in the PayPal account. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
still solid stool saturday

missed DH (lol kids) and the tour (which looked awesome) but my fantasy team did well. If only I had entered the first round.

also, looks like I'll be getting an offer from my interview on friday. Likely that I'll take it if we can make it work.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
still solid stool saturday

missed DH (lol kids) and the tour (which looked awesome) but my fantasy team did well. If only I had entered the first round.

also, looks like I'll be getting an offer from my interview on friday. Likely that I'll take it if we can make it work.
Did you ever get a new car? Or are you still on the Italian fall apart machine?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Did you ever get a new car? Or are you still on the Italian fall apart machine?
still in the capicola commuter

it's fine- it's a great driver and again, not unreliable just poorly assembled. most of those issues have been resolved....some still remain. it's what I haven't uncovered that scares me....BUT the car market is insane right now. It might be a while before I try to do anything. I want a genesis and just found one, but it's about $6k over what it would have been in march with all kinds of dents and dings on the bumpers. Yeesh.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH laps were ridden with the wife, she was ripping. She's faster than me half the time now.

20210703_105907_resized.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Turns out it's not neighbor who doesn't want bike. It's his parents want to buy a new bike, but spend $200. Hence the Walmart bike. I showed him the current status less the drivetrain, as a stock Giant as delivered from, but pink, @SkaredShtles with a current $0 cost output. He's seeing them tonight and will talk with them about changing their ming to getting her a better bike by buying a dialed, used one.
Put some motherfucking sparkly tassels on those handlebars!!

it seems the next time i visit the parents i will have a new baby sister....
This seems like a bad idea... :think:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This is what's left of my friend Ricky's bike after he was hit and left for dead on the streets of San Jose. The bike shop where he worked has started a Go Fund Me page to help with his medical expenses. Currently he is stable in ICU

207408106_10159476439408809_2260528698864348682_n.jpg

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
still in the capicola commuter

it's fine- it's a great driver and again, not unreliable just poorly assembled. most of those issues have been resolved....some still remain. it's what I haven't uncovered that scares me....BUT the car market is insane right now. It might be a while before I try to do anything. I want a genesis and just found one, but it's about $6k over what it would have been in march with all kinds of dents and dings on the bumpers. Yeesh.
Gotta say, the All-Road is surprisingly awesome. It's a fucking rocket and handles shockingly. I expected some body roll from the extra height, but not really noticable.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching the smoke roll in at weed, california....102 outside....watching band of brothers on history channel....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
They were back in the day. They've gone downhill and are overpriced as of late. Pick up the phone and call them. They're down by Santa Barbara/SLO, iirc.
Yep, ordered from them when living in the US and they were good. The frame I am interested in is overpriced, but I though I would consider it because NOS. Custom fees will kill it most likely (I am not doing the calculation until I know if it is the right one).