Quantcast

*sigh* We are going to get hit with another virus at work...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
So people here are receiving SPAM that appears to be from the FBI, with an infected attachment. I just had my first user to open one, and I am sure with the people that work here there will be many more to come. (if all the white boards w/ permanent ink on them are any indication)

:mad:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Our e-mail servers scan every piece of mail coming in or going out. It's rare that one gets through but if it does all hell breaks loose.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Ciaran said:
Our e-mail servers scan every piece of mail coming in or going out. It's rare that one gets through but if it does all hell breaks loose.
We run GFI here, it gets most of the crap but it isn't perfect.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tenchiro said:
(if all the white boards w/ permanent ink on them are any indication)
What scares me are the people who ask for yellow chalk because the white stuff is hard to see.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm dealing with the same thing, i'm a network admin for a e-business solutions company while going to school full time. I finished up class, went into the lab at school, opened my email, and had 148 new virus email notifications.

I spit my coffee out onto the monitor and keyboard (literally), ran out of the lab, jumped in the car, burst into the office

Boss - "You're in early"
Adam - "...*gasp*....*pant*...We're...*gasp*...****ed...*pant*..."

Not a happy day.

-Adam

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
skyst3alth said:
I'm dealing with the same thing, i'm a network admin for a e-business solutions company while going to school full time. I finished up class, went into the lab at school, opened my email, and had 148 new virus email notifications.

I spit my coffee out onto the monitor and keyboard (literally), ran out of the lab, jumped in the car, burst into the office

Boss - "You're in early"
Adam - "...*gasp*....*pant*...We're...*gasp*...****ed...*pant*..."

Not a happy day.

-Adam
Crap, that sounds miserable

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Tenchiro said:
So people here are receiving SPAM that appears to be from the FBI, with an infected attachment. I just had my first user to open one, and I am sure with the people that work here there will be many more to come. (if all the white boards w/ permanent ink on them are any indication)

:mad:
The ones we're getting claim to be from the CIA... they seem to be mixing it up.