Quantcast

Sighday

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
At the pool swimming some laps. Nice to be in a place where the weather doesn’t cause shrinkage. Always liked swimming just not in cold water. We still have the weekend before we drive back to Copenhagen on Monday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Beset by the feels this Friday. Asked the old man for some of his old golf stuff last night knowing he doesn't have a use for it anymore, and it reminded me of how we used to build golf clubs together in the basement when I was in middle school. Seemed like time was on my side then but it's tough realizing it's gone and never coming back. We've got less ahead of us than we do behind us. :(

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Alright gents. Off to the testing center. Let's hope the 1000+ hours of schoolwork and studying I've done over the last few years has made anything stick. See you in give or take 8 hours.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello ppls

going to shuttle elder two kids to camp on e-cargo bike. then nothing of substance that I must do until I work 4-10 pm from home.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
70F going to 100, the water truck guy drove off without disconnecting from the hydrant and snapped the pipe. had to shut down the water system for the whole facility. no water for the horses until it gets fixed. Crew is working on it now. I have a bad feeling that I am going to be busy at the med tent

espresso time

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Beset by the feels this Friday. Asked the old man for some of his old golf stuff last night knowing he doesn't have a use for it anymore, and it reminded me of how we used to build golf clubs together in the basement when I was in middle school. Seemed like time was on my side then but it's tough realizing it's gone and never coming back. We've got less ahead of us than we do behind us. :(
i can relate to this. i'm working on getting back into diving so i can take a few trips with my old man while he's still able to travel and dive.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
In the movies, computer hacking is all techno music and hunky nerds in all black and thick-black glasses in steampunk-looking basement lairs, bouncing through elementary school networks and military satellites to steal $Millions from encrypted Swiss bank accounts.

In reality, it's an early Friday morning 2-hour Zoom session entering hour 4 with vendors across 3 continents speaking variously thickly accented business English and nothing works.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In the movies, computer hacking is all techno music and hunky nerds in all black and thick-black glasses in steampunk-looking basement lairs, bouncing through elementary school networks and military satellites to steal $Millions from encrypted Swiss bank accounts.

In reality, it's an early Friday morning 2-hour Zoom session entering hour 4 with vendors across 3 continents speaking variously thickly accented business English and nothing works.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Damn, I don’t think I could writeTwo bittersweet songs in a day.
I think Jim Croce has this topic covered well enough.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
GFF: hey, can you guys cut shaft splines?

Machine shop: not a problem

GFF: cool, got two axle shafts I need splined back 3 inches…

Machine shop: I can have them done by today

one day later,

Machine shop: your axles are done, we are billing you 10 hours.

GFF: well you're a day late and didn’t do what I asked, I’m not paying..

Machine shop
1689350428341.png

IMG_1927.jpeg

GFF: did you cut those splines with your fingernail? They don’t even resemble splines.

Wtf is wrong with people? I could have done a better job myself with an angle grinder and cut off wheel on a jig

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

one day later,

Machine shop
View attachment 197067

View attachment 197065

GFF: did you cut those splines with your fingernail? They don’t even resemble splines.

Wtf is wrong with people? I could have done a better job myself with an angle grinder and cut off wheel on a jig
Just to reiterate:

:D

But srsly - that sucks. :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

one day later,

Machine shop
View attachment 197067

View attachment 197065

LOL

If you want something done right...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if I only had a Bridgeport with an indexing head in my back pocket
Splines are often case hardened after getting are cut, so that may not be that easy. Actually where you want new splines may not be hardened so if they are just cut they may not be as strong as the normal splines.