Quantcast

Sighday

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sounds about right. By the time I tested positive, I was pretty much over it. Glad you're feeling better!
To add insult to injury, I fell asleep on my sofa watching TV and woke up to piss soaked cushions. I barely have the energy to attempt cleaning it up, but that’s a problem for tomorrow me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You passed?! Immediate feedback test? If so, congrats. If not, congrats or my condolences depending on the future results
Immediate feedback. If you are over or below certain thresholds you find out immediately. In between and you get the "your test needs to be assessed; you'll hear in two weeks" message. They will occasionally throw out questions if too many people get them wrong, so people who are on the cusp of passing will get put into a holding pattern.

I'll get details as to my strong/weak areas in a little bit. I was not confident pushing the 'finish exam' button. There was a LOT of tax related stuff and it was in the weeds, so I was real iffy on some of that. All the investment, retirement planning, ethics, etc. stuff was pretty easy.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If he is a good boss of any type, he will recognize that your success will reflect positively on his success if he plays it right.
That works if he can get the company to pay for it. I've spent over $8k to date for education and the last I heard from his boss was "we're assessing for people starting next year". So he knows that if a raise can't be arranged, I'm out. But that's been silently on the table for months.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
$5 off coupon in the mailbox tonight, for a new local shawarma shop that is delicious.

Had dinner plans already, but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
To add insult to injury, I fell asleep on my sofa watching TV and woke up to piss soaked cushions. I barely have the energy to attempt cleaning it up, but that’s a problem for tomorrow me.
See my earlier post. You're amongst solid company. Liquid, actually.

Hang in there. Feel better.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I can only imagine how good that'd taste after expending 10,000 calories or whatever :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tested positive for Covid. Yesterday was awful symptoms but negative test. Today the symptoms are mild. Here we go.
Well that sucks, how many times have you had the pox now? Feel better!
I'll get details as to my strong/weak areas in a little bit.
Gonna need to see that breakdown so we know what topics you can solidly help on :D

Congrats!
:stupid:

@6thElement
I'm literally trying to wrap my head around that you rode this from the fucking house .....
The headwind was brutal. Probably 15 minutes slower just going up Central City Parkway than expected.
I can only imagine how good that'd taste after expending 10,000 calories or whatever :D
Deeeeeeee-licious. Thank you!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
In the movies, computer hacking is all techno music and hunky nerds in all black and thick-black glasses in steampunk-looking basement lairs, bouncing through elementary school networks and military satellites to steal $Millions from encrypted Swiss bank accounts.

In reality, it's an early Friday morning 2-hour Zoom session entering hour 4 with vendors across 3 continents speaking variously thickly accented business English and nothing works.
I didn't know the hackers used SAFe Agile :D

What you said describes my world of upper mgmt thinking we can implement CI/CD and weekly production releases like it's seamless and easy peasy. Get's old really quick with all the desperate systems, multiple off-shore teams and no one who really is steering the ship. I see icebergs, they only see self glory.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gonna need to see that breakdown so we know what topics you can solidly help on :D

Congrats!
Apparently they don't give us a breakout. But it's pretty easy: retirement planning, investments, and risk management are my best by far, then estate planning, then taxes. But for those, I know a place and I know a guy.

General financial principles, ethics, and financial behavioral psychology are all the easiest by far, but they are more "do the right thing; this is a stock/bond; and this is why you can't get out of your own way". Which I deal with daily.