MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Is this the first USA domestic incident against brown people to be classified as terrorism?
Considering the KKK is classified as a terrorist organization, I think not.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, those libertine Sikhs must really irk Westboro...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"Page [demoted & less-than-honorably discharged soldier] had tattoos that suggested he had ties to white supremacists."

used a 9mm handgun to boot. i bet it was "legally" possessed

let teh awesome begin

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
maybe he had a issue w/ plagiarism or copyright infringement?
The Indus Valley civilization created it before Christianity existed.

Just ran across this related item:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syādvāda

Syādvāda provides Jains with a systematic methodology to explore the real nature of reality and consider the problem in a non-violent way from different perspectives. This process ensures that each statement is expressed from seven different conditional and relative viewpoints or propositions, and thus it is known as theory of conditioned predication. These seven propositions are described as follows:
1.Syād-asti — "in some ways it is"
2.Syād-nāsti — "in some ways it is not"
3.Syād-asti-nāsti — "in some ways it is and it is not"
4.Syād-asti-avaktavya — "in some ways it is and it is indescribable"
5.Syād-nāsti-avaktavya — "in some ways it is not and it is indescribable"
6.Syād-asti-nāsti-avaktavya — "in some ways it is, it is not and it is indescribable"
7.Syād-avaktavya — "in some ways it is indescribable"

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Nothing additional from local news sources, other than the fact that they pronounce it as "sick" instead of "seek".

Seriously?

:banghead:
CNN had on several Sikh priests and they all pronounced it "sick" and "sickism..." though all the Sikh kids i grew up with pronounced it "seek"

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i would think if you had 2 identical people who were exact in every relevant way except for theism, that he who does not answer to a higher power would be expected to perform this hideous act more easily, particularly when targeting the unwashed masses

except, of course, if "god told him to do it".

comme ci comme ca

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
But Silver can pick up the pieces of his shattered skull and brain after reading that both the police and news consider this possible "terrorism" by a white American against darker-hued people.
Get back to me when we're lobbing drone fired Hellfires into white supremacist BBQs...

I did find this interesting:

“Our hearts are with the victims, their families and the entire Oak Creek Sikh community,” Mr. Romney said. “We join Americans everywhere in mourning those who lost their lives and in prayer for healing in the difficult days ahead.”

I bet Romney retroactively baptized the victims...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i would think if you had 2 identical people who were exact in every relevant way except for theism, that he who does not answer to a higher power would be expected to perform this hideous act more easily, particularly when targeting the unwashed masses

comme ci comme ca
Since religious morality is arbitrary grand delusion which changes with each civilization, its not likely. As pointed out some of those morals are negative compared with morals based in reality. Morality does not require the delusional thinking of religion.

Deluded people (for whatever the reason) are compromised by definition. If you aren't crazy to whatever degree for individual or social reasons, there would be no impetus for the act.

Watch this series on youtube:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

comme ci comme ca
That's preposterous. You can make the exact same argument by substituting "higher power" with "tooth fairy" or "Santa". You don't still believe in the tooth fairy do you?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Since religious morality is arbitrary grand delusion which changes with each civilization, its not likely.
you could also say: "evolves"
As pointed out some of those morals are negative compared with morals based in reality. Morality does not require the delusional thinking of religion.
and for that matter, any delusional thinking. let's not pick on merely one fsm-based emotional manipulation of the unwashed masses. history is replete with abuses from any selection of pulpit.
Deluded people (for whatever the reason) are compromised by definition. If you aren't crazy to whatever degree for individual or social reasons, there would be no impetus for the act.
as det david mills asked john doe, "When a person is insane - as you clearly are - do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading Guns and Ammo, masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, 'Wow! It is amazing how ****ing crazy I really am!'? Yeah. Do you guys do that? "

point is, you don't have to be crazy. you don't have to be [ir]religious. motivation comes from many founts

u2b clips
i've watched those previously, quite possibly due to you; always good for a refresher. in kind, maybe you could chase down some ravi zacharias & michael ramsden in your spare time. i lean more towards michael; ravi tends to garner a 700 club crowd at times, but both are willing to engage in spirited debate with dawkins

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
point is, you don't have to be crazy. you don't have to be [ir]religious. motivation comes from many founts
Wrong. As social animals antisocial behavior for whatever combination of biological, environmental, or developmental reason(s) is abnormal. You have to be defective.

Last edited:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
always the same macabre sh*t: comforting words from the kenyan muslim in charge, everyone is saddened, condemns the shooting and waits a week or two for the next killing spree.

why are you as american citizens not fed up with this? why do you neglect, that there is something terribly wrong in connection with guns and violence in your country? how can you take so many dead people as collateral damage to the holy second amendment? why are you not able to change something about it? why do you NOT want something to change? this is really beyond me....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
why are you as american citizens not fed up with this? why do you neglect, that there is something terribly wrong in connection with guns and violence in your country? how can you take so many dead people as collateral damage to the holy second amendment? why are you not able to change something about it? why do you NOT want something to change? this is really beyond me....
Because gun nuts are scared of the dark (skinned masses). And knife attacks.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think the "mistook Sikhs for Muslims" line is a bit of wishful thinking to frame it in terms of the global narrative over the past 10 years.

My bet is that homeboy just wanted to kill some mud people.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Wrong. As social animals antisocial behavior for whatever combination of biological, environmental, or developmental reason(s) is abnormal. You have to be defective.
but are you suggesting 'abnormality' equals defective? isn't 'abnormality' a necessary ingredient for evolution, or just 'acceptable abnormalities', where that can be more accurately defined as 'successfully sustained abnormalities'? think ghengis khan, not chaka khan

i just have difficulty embracing morality based upon atheism b/c of the lack of internal accountability for 'sin', or whatever it's called -- 'extra-moral behaviour'?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
we don't care b/c we're so detached from each other. how many indians care about busses careening over cliffs, or swollen rivers carrying off villages? until it affects you by 2 degrees or less, then reactions are relegated to mindless & flippant posts like this one.

or using it to further our own agendas.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
always the same macabre sh*t: comforting words from the kenyan muslim in charge, everyone is saddened, condemns the shooting and waits a week or two for the next killing spree.

Who said anything about NOT wanting something to change? And I have news for you, the concept of mass murder is not a new one, nor is it restricted to the US or to guns. In SWA now they prefer explosives, much more random...every genocidal dictator, be it StalinHitlerPolPotIdiAmin has massacred many many more then spree killers could ever hope to. Baruch Goldstein slaughtered a bunch of Muslims...Brieviek- have you forgotten him? William Unek...S Africa, 57 total. Ahmed Ibragimov, Chchnya, 34 total. Its not just the US my friend. Its the whole damn world.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
when this right wing fundamentalist is clamoring for more gun control, i think it's fair to say the debate has run its course