Quantcast

Silly short signature length allowance

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Mothafoka, as I was shortening my new signature to fit the alowed 200, it suddenly changed and only allowed me 100!

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. Your signature cannot be longer than 200 characters including BB code markup.
From that to this:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. Your signature cannot be longer than 100 characters including BB code markup.

I think 200 is silly short as it is, but WTF's up with snatching 50% of like that? :huh:

FWIW, I'm a member in another forum that uses the same program as this one, and there we are allowed to have really long signatures. Actually they're so long that I don't even know if there is a limit. Would be really nice to be able to have some 4-500 caracters to play with!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Most people don't want to spend all day reading everyone elses signiture novels. I know I don't. If it changed from 200 to 100, that was the result of upgrading the software. I'll look into it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so that my eyes are not assaulted if I browse a thread before logging in on a public computer, of course...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Me, I like reading signatures as it adds some personality to the person I don't know. My favourite right now is actually typed at the "location" space, and it's Zark's "hey little girl, want some candy". Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahhah, that MOFO must be crazier than Slim Shady. :D :D :D

I'm on the other side of the world and never get to meet none of you, but one guy, at my races. Signatures are my only way of getting to know how people are, except for how they prefer to setup their bike.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I don't mind signatures as long as they're short..I think 200 characters is more than enough...some other boards I'm on are completely annoying with huge banners and such...D

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Me, I like reading signatures as it adds some personality to the person I don't know. My favourite right now is actually typed at the "location" space, and it's Zark's "hey little girl, want some candy". Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahhah, that MOFO must be crazier than Slim Shady. :D :D :D

I'm on the other side of the world and never get to meet none of you, but one guy, at my races. Signatures are my only way of getting to know how people are, except for how they prefer to setup their bike.
I think people's profiles would be a better place for this.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I think people's profiles would be a better place for this.
Of course, more fits in there and out of that sence, yes, but I've never bothered to use mine or look at any other guys except for those who I've PM'd perhaps. I'm not THAT curious about every guy, or any guy, just to much hassel. Signatures are perfect, but not banners, they're too much in ones face, but 200 letters are most of the times just too little to get anything across. Anything of a meaning bigger than a fartgames.