Quantcast

Silver mountain racing

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Hey I just got off the phone with silver and they are doin alot this year. This sunday coming up they are having there first race of the season(5/28) This race is gonna be free so everyone should come. I belive there is gonna be prizes but I am not sure on that one though. I'll get back to you all when I have more info.

Ryan

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
ok more on the race officaly

When: sunday 28th of may
time: 2:00pm (remember it takes 20 mintues to get up the gondola. So be there early)
Price: Free / 2 run format / not the top to bottom course to my knowledge

*if you are under 18 you need someone to sighn for you, doesn't have to be your parents just someone 18 or older.*

Right now they wanna do 8 races plus the BC/DC concert and they will do a lot more if we show up and make it worth there time. They are already making a larger race commitment than the WIM ever did. Plus BC/DC and BREW FEST and they are working with well more than 2000 verticle feet. They also have a DH trail crew hired puttogether for 40+ hours a week all summer

Come one and all silver is a blast!!!!!!! They wanna hook there ridding up Phat they just need support form the PNW to make it happen!!

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
No that isn't a silly queston.....but here go's. Silver has a new special events cordinator this year and a new salary for there trail builder(otis is rad). They have been for the las 2 year going on 3 now been trying to build a bike scene there it is has been slow but showing constant improvement. Real straight forward announced races are expensive the man power, advertisent is all really really expensive. This year they are going more grass roots to save cash. Silver wants to see a devotion from the area. Know one has officaly told me this but i think it is like spending the money for a 6 keg party and no ones shows you have all this beer and you are screwed yeah and 4 of your friends showed up but your now busted..... Or you can have a whole bunch of BYOB's every thursday night till your place is packed with people you don't know every thursday. Now people who you don't know are inviting you to your own party and it is now apperently dubbed "blurrsday". You now relize this is the time to supply the beer next thursday take it to the next level and make some money off what started out as a bunch of bro's scammin chicks. They(silver) I have a feeling are trying to do the same thing buying having lots lots and lots of no commitment low level stuff. If no one shows up they don't loose any resources. If people do continuly show up and keeping suporting it and bring more friends every weekend to the point that they are getting invited to there own races. Then they will say "People like this we are Rad it started out as friends and family. Look at it now off the CHIZZLE!!!" Lets go all out and dump some money on these peeps for suporting us.

Picking up what I am putting down. Suport Silver they have an awesome pad and the perfect place for a party and they want you to come bring your friends and make it Insane. For the love of god they built a decent that averages 15 minutes at full balls They wanna party. They built an atempt at Freight Train you just need to show them it wasn't a waste of there time.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I dont see why they cant advertise better on there own web site, that does not cost that much money. And it would be nice if the answerd emails too, I am from seattle I am not going to drive over without some more info.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
So if its not the 15 minute DH, are they running shorter chairs? Or after you finish the run do you have to go another 10 minuts to get back on the gondola?
IMO 8 races is excessive. They should try to do like a 4 race series with a final. If they wanted to do all 8 and only your best four counted that might work too. When we did the races we got a lot of feedback that people would be more interested in doing races if it was a series with a final event.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I take that back they do have a lot more info on there web site now. It is still anoying that they did not return my email, but I called and got all the info. To bad they dont have the 8 hour race, really looking forward to that.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
trailhacker said:
So if its not the 15 minute DH, are they running shorter chairs? Or after you finish the run do you have to go another 10 minuts to get back on the gondola?
IMO 8 races is excessive. They should try to do like a 4 race series with a final. If they wanted to do all 8 and only your best four counted that might work too. When we did the races we got a lot of feedback that people would be more interested in doing races if it was a series with a final event.
In my experince if they run to chair 5 instead of the whole course they will truck shuttling in the ram. Regaurdless I am just stoked it is open and i getta ride.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Slider said:
In my experince if they run to chair 5 instead of the whole course they will truck shuttling in the ram. Regaurdless I am just stoked it is open and i getta ride.
Is there practice on Saturday?

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
sure ride all day and practice, practice, practice :)

People are gettin al wound in tech on this race

A. It is going to be fun
B. No Gino won't be up there with a walky talky(hope he is around though)
C. It is going to be fun
D. LeMonde start!!!!!!!
E. BBQ at the lodge afterwords featuring my favorite Chemicle compound ever...... 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2(this guy is popular, shows up at tall major sporting events)

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
Slider said:
So I am confused? Are they truck shuttling for the shorter courses or do they run shorter chairs regularly?

If you go there to ride on a normal day is the only option the gondola or do they run chairs too?

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
For the last 2 years it has been gondola only. They could have tooled up the chairs for bikes, I don't know yet. There are roads and you can drive from kellogg up to the gondola house most likely they will truck shuttle from the bottom of chair 5 back to the top of the gondola house but i could be wrong. If you have road there before the bottom of chair 5 was the end of the jumps and stuff in the past.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
That fact that silvermnt was supposed to call me back 2 days ago and still have not replyed to my email is pissing me off. I think I am going anyway. Anyone from Seattle area want to car pool?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
We considered it, but weather looks bad there or anywhere in the NW for that matter. Also looking at the tower cams from their website it looks like a lot of snow. Have to wonder just how open its going to be?

Yeah, yeah kid! Just wait til your my age and you can... well... I'm sure there is sumething better about it...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Slider said:
sure ride all day and practice, practice, practice :)

People are gettin al wound in tech on this race

A. It is going to be fun
B. No Gino won't be up there with a walky talky(hope he is around though)
C. It is going to be fun
D. LeMonde start!!!!!!!
E. BBQ at the lodge afterwords featuring my favorite Chemicle compound ever...... 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2(this guy is popular, shows up at tall major sporting events)
That would be Le Mans start....unless Greg is pulling the trigger himself...

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Secret Squirrel said:
That would be Le Mans start....unless Greg is pulling the trigger himself...
LOL, I am the worst speeeler. It would be f'ing awesome. They should do Le Mans start races with a full auto ak 47......3 shot burst for xc