Quantcast

Silver Mountain

Jan 27, 2007
L-Town
Did anyone ride there last year? How was it. They were putting on free races every other weekend and expanding. I didnt get a chance to make it up there

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
It was pretty rad if you were close enough to get up there. They were building throughout the summer, and it seemed like there was something new just about every weekend. There weren't a ton of trails, and nothing real big to hit, but it was a lot of fun to ride and race with no pressure. We drove up from Pullman/Moscow almost every weekend, and it was always worth it.
They designed a lot of their wood stunts to stay up during the winter, too, so they should be able to expand a lot more this season.

It was pretty rad if you were close enough to get up there. They were building throughout the summer, and it seemed like there was something new just about every weekend. There weren't a ton of trails, and nothing real big to hit, but it was a lot of fun to ride and race with no pressure. We drove up from Pullman/Moscow almost every weekend, and it was always worth it.
They designed a lot of their wood stunts to stay up during the winter, too, so they should be able to expand a lot more this season.
Are you still in Pullman/Moscow? I am a senior at UI and am just getting into Mt. Biking. I went up to Moscow mountain last year for the first time with some buddies and had a blast. I cannot wait until it warms up so we can start riding up there some more this spring.

fumehood

Chimp
Feb 25, 2005
Since this is turning into a Moscow/Pullman thread, the Plouse Dirt Riders DH Club is having its first meeting of the year this Wednesday @ 7. Hope to see you there. Below is the announcement.

It is time for our first official meeting. mark your
calendar for Wednesday, January 31st at 7:00 pm on the 4th floor of the
commons (at U of I) we will be choosing officers for the club,
objectives for the year, dues, expenditures, group rides, etc. So, tell
all your friends and make sure you show up.

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
i went there a couple times. me and my friend drove from the tri cities to there, i didnt think it was really worth it. some of the sections were pretty fun, but there were sections of fireroad that were mandatory (i think...) that were pretty annoying. having to bike back to the lift was kinda a pain too even though its only like 5-10 minutes. its got potential for sure, i just didnt like it that much. but im used to whistler lift access so i guess im spoiled.

id personally rather push beacon all day.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Are you still in Pullman/Moscow? I am a senior at UI and am just getting into Mt. Biking. I went up to Moscow mountain last year for the first time with some buddies and had a blast. I cannot wait until it warms up so we can start riding up there some more this spring.
Yes. Go to the meeting on Wednesday. It won't be too long before we're making trips to Beacon.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I had a lot of fun at a race there last year. The enduro was sweet, my time was 17 min. Long ****ing trail...

The jumps they built up on the top trails kinda sucked, the lips were to small, less than a bike length long so it bucked your rear tire up. There were a few fun jumps tough, little road gap.

The bottom section is super fast. I love riding new trials so the drive was worth it for me. Hit up some single track in Couer D'Alene as well!

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
moscow mountain has some fun trails its a lot of climbing though, atleast for my fat self, whats the deal with the UI club are WSU guys welcome?

fumehood

Chimp
Feb 25, 2005
Yes, WSU guys and gals are more than welcome. The club is set up so that non-UI students, like myself and Sad Panda, can be members. WSU does not have their own club, I am not sure if they even have an XC club. Palouse Dirt Riders is a great group made up of past and present UI and WSU students. If you are at WSU, I hope you can make it over for the meeting...and bring anyone else that might be interested.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
sounds good if i can find a ride over there i will be there. i know a few people i can call up at WSU too.

I will be heading over. If people want to carpool, pm me with you name and number and we'll try to figure something out.