Quantcast

Silver Mtn maybe?

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
I was thinking of going this weekend on a riding trip. My thoughts where Saturday Black Rock in Or and Sunday Skibowl. But I also thought about driving en extra hour and try a new place, like Silver Mtn. has anybody been there? Is it worth the drive? Any other suggestions to spend the weekend?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Skibowl isn't worth riding on a non race weekend. The only trails open would be considered blue by whistler standard.

There is a huge race at Silver this weekend. I wouldn't go for causal riding but the race should be a good one.

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Skibowl isn't worth riding on a non race weekend. The only trails open would be considered blue by whistler standard.

There is a huge race at Silver this weekend. I wouldn't go for causal riding but the race should be a good one.
Yeah, I read about the race, that got me thinking.

I don't anything big yet, so BLue should be ok for me. How big is Skibowl, I drove by it the other day and didn't seem very big

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Yeah, I read about the race, that got me thinking.

I don't anything big yet, so BLue should be ok for me. How big is Skibowl, I drove by it the other day and didn't seem very big
It's small for sure. Very mom and pop ski hill type vibe. Old school slow double chairs that are scarier than the runs.
It's fun, but there will probably only be 3 other bikes on the hill. Enough riding for a day, not a weekend.

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
I rode ski bowl for the first time this weekend. There was a race going on so it was a fun environment but I would not go there solely for the riding. The trail system feels small and it was very dusty/rocky lacking the flow of the better trails available in the NW.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
This coming weekend is Silveroxx - - two days of racing. Gotta get your registration in soon though; and they don't have the online set up, so it's all check via snail-mail. :disgust1:

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
So which place would you recommend
Silverfox is supposed to be a fun event. Something worth thinking about is the Racer Camp coming up on the weekend of July 26 at Port Angles. Simon Lawton from Fluidride and the team riders roll out the red carpet for those camps; it's a great way to get in a weekend of good rides and two days worth of personal / individual instruction. Check out the Fluidride website, the description of the camp is on the instruction page.