Quantcast

Silveroxx DH

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Silver Mtn changed up their weekend itinerary August 13 and 14. The xc race on saturday has been replaced with some dh racing. The endurance dh race on Sunday is still scheduled as planned.

www.silvermt.com

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
I may be missing something, but how exactly does the 8 hour endurance downhill work? Do you just see how many runs you can get in the time allowed or what?

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
krustydude said:
I may be missing something, but how exactly does the 8 hour endurance downhill work? Do you just see how many runs you can get in the time allowed or what?
That's pretty much it, I guess. They have a team division and a solo division and you just go and do as many runs as you can in the allotted time, 8 hours for team and 6 hours for solo.

There is a paved bike path back to the gondola that takes you back to the top and I guess there is no racing allowed there, so they are implementing some sort of mandatory 5 minute wait after each run, but I am not sure how that would keep people from racing the bike path.

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
that's different. it would be wise to have a short travel bike. that ride back on the path would be a killer trying to hurry for six hours.