Quantcast

Silveroxx report

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Got back late last night from Silver Mt. Two great races. While I don't race, I still think Silver kicks a$$!!!

Jam session on Saturday, some racers got as many as 5 runs in. Congrats to Ethan Mutoli for pulling the fastest time of the day!

Speaking of the Mutoli's, it was great to see them with baby Kailyn(sp?)!

BC/DC Sat night....might as well have been AC/DC!! They brought down the house!! I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but I would definitely check out BC/DC again!! And I had my 6 year old, Noah, with me; he thought they were pretty cool for his first concert. He got to meet them and they signed a poster for him. He was stoked.

Sunday racing, the Enduro DH, again it was Mutoli with the quickest time down the mountain. Which earned him a fat $500 check!!! Sara Johnson took home $200 for the women. Silver Mt pulled everything off in style, including those big giant checks for the money winnners! And they gave away a ton of prizes!!

Big props to Silver Mt. They definitely stepped it up a notch this year. I hear plans for next year may already be in the works so if you have never been to Silveroxx, you will have to come see what you have been missing out on!

I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
ya that was a great weekend. i really liked the jam format on saturday and the course was fun despite the way-too-small jumps. also i was amazed at all the free stuff i got just for bein on the podium (2nd on saturday and 3rd on sunday in jr. sport). i wish more people would see how awesome silver is!

btw did anybody else have a gigantic dear run down the mountain like 10 ft in front of them in the middle of their race run?

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
nice podium pics!!! Now that Ethan won the big cash he won't have to be seen on the podium anymore wearing Joy's pink flip flops!!

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton
Afirmative......rear flat 1/3 into race run, though I did get second fastest time on Sat. First flat ive ever had at silver. Props to Nick"King TUT"Tuttle and Nate "The Hawk" Hoch for 2nd and 3rd fastest times in the enduro. Good times.
Zeb

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Silver Mountan is great and the whole Silverroxx weekend I shot a bunch of video of the upper section of both races and a bunch of the DJ show and of BC/DC. I'll try to get something up soon. busy summer.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Silver is probably the best race left on the west coast, hopefully more people will come out next year. When the winning time is over 15 minutes you know its good.

Thoughts on the weekend...

• Saturday's jam session was a fun first DH race for me...but I hope I never again encounter practice runs where the course for the NEXT day (Jackass) is taped but not blocked but the course for that day (Upper Hammer) isn't marked well at all! :banghead: Consequently my first real run was also my (and my boyfriend's...and apparently other people's) first practice run on Upper Hammer! Argh!

• Definitely looking forward to riding the jam and enduro courses again on a non-race day!

• Silver Mountain people are supernice!

• I love Red-Bull-sponsored events!

• And I managed to snap a few pix even though I was riding. Check out http://karenjohanson.smugmug.com/gallery/1654770 for pix of a lot of Pacific NW monkeys in the big air comp and the enduro dh ;-)

• Sorry I didn't get a pic of you Cindy from Olympia - I was helping another girl recover after she toppled over her bars. But PM me if you wanna ride somewhere in WA or BC!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I had a great time! The endro course was really fast and long, about the same as garbonzo top to bottom, just a lot less technical. The road gap was pretty cool, some of the jumps were a little wierd. The bottom part had some really fast flowy sections.

My one complaint would be the confusion on what trail we were racing the 1st day. Upper Hammer had no sign so I assumed it was the trail that was taped off.

Its great to see a place like silver mnt supporting DH and building trails, everyone there was super cool. Definitely going back next year.

freeridekid said:
haha i remember you taking those pics of me and (i'm guessing your son?) on the chairlift.
Those pix and a few other lifestyle shots were when Kim's mom took over camera ops when we were racing...the rest were shot by me ;-)
Sorry there's no other pix of you...I was in play mode last weekend so I didn't shoot much.
I managed to end up with no action shots of me even after five runs! :angry: