Quantcast

Simtra bikes

Christian

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Québec, Canada
Hi guys and gals!
My name is Christian, owner/designer of Simtra Bikes. We are the newest company to come out of eastern Canada.
We have been in the bike business for 5 years now and some of you probably know us as the distributor for Middleburn Cranks.

Our frames and components are Street/Park and trials orientated.
Currently, we are making a 4130 cromo street/park frame, a 7005 double butted alu street frame and a seatless 7005 trials frame. We will also be adding a few components too.
Our website is www.simtrabikes.com it is presently in a beta stage but you have all then info you need on it.

Here is a glimpse of our frames
Psycho

Our SySTEM

The BnB

The ST-1

If any of you have any questions, ask away.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment

I like the looks of your drop-outs and your stem. Couldn't get your site to load. Frames available in the US? Price?

Edit:

Also, the steel frame looks similar to a Planet X Pitbull, but with different drop-outs? Any connection? Are you guys connected with www.cycles-simtra.com?

Just curious as the bikes look nice. Especially the steel one.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
The steel frame looks nice - What sort of steel is it? Are the hub spacings MTB standard? Is it a euro BB? Can it be ordered without canti lugs? Why is the headtube so long? What is the geometry? Are you planning a 24" specific version? Does it come in rootbeer? (j/k on that one).

Christian

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Québec, Canada
Changleen said:
The steel frame looks nice - What sort of steel is it? Are the hub spacings MTB standard? Is it a euro BB? Can it be ordered without canti lugs? Why is the headtube so long? What is the geometry? Are you planning a 24" specific version? Does it come in rootbeer? (j/k on that one).
Here is the answer to your questions
Frame material is 4130 cromo
Hub spacing is 135mm(MTB) but you can run 14mm axle or 10mm
BB is mountain bike
The canti lugs will dispaear, it will be a bolt on V mount that adapts to 24 or 26'' wheels
Head tube is nt long, it is just the way the DT is positioned.
For complete GEO go into the frame section of my site under Psycho

Hope I answered your questions.
What do you guys see if you cannot acces my site?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Geometry looks real nice. I totally love the fast head angle, actually I pretty much like it all.

Obviously this means I can get to your site fine.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Actually I'd personally love to see a steel version of the BnB, with horizontal drop outs. That would be awesome. I really really like the geometry of the BnB, although I recon you could shorten the back further and make it a 24" version. :sneaky:

What does the BnB weigh? I'd be expecting maybe just sub 6lbs?

Christian

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Québec, Canada
Changleen said:
Actually I'd personally love to see a steel version of the BnB, with horizontal drop outs. That would be awesome. I really really like the geometry of the BnB, although I recon you could shorten the back further and make it a 24" version. :sneaky:

What does the BnB weigh? I'd be expecting maybe just sub 6lbs?
Thanks for the comments. For now there is no plan to produce the BnB in Cromo though.
As for it weight, it hits the scale at around 5.5lbs

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
Christian said:
What do you mean do I have a site that works? Everything seems fine. Can't you get in?
Your menu is a bit confusing. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that the dots were actual links to different parts of your site. It doesn't look like anything at first glance. Maybe that was the problem.

Your frames do look pretty cool. The BnB looks interesting.

Christian

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Québec, Canada
Well prototyping time is over and production is coming along. Everything as been working really great!
If you want to see the production colours, you can go into the news section of the site www.simtrabikes.com and click on the 2006 catalogue.
You will also see in that page our launch promo.

Thanks to all for the interest you have for the Simtra brand.