Quantcast

Sin City

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hmm, i didn't catch that line when i watched it. i thought it was an awesome movie, however, especially in how it was lit.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I think it was definately a "guy" movie....I liked their attention to comic book angles and lighting. Toshi is right....it was shot very well. The selective use of color was hit and miss with me...that yellow guy creeped me out. :D

olytrayne

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
olympia
That movie rocked. It was like a Charles Bukowski book mixed with a comic. The writing was intense, and the camera work too. One of the only movies I've ever considered seeing twice in the theater.

audj

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
that movie didn't live up to my expectations, although it was somewhat entertaining. my fault for expecting kill bill level characters and dialogue. i dunno, it was over the top like kill bill but without enough style to make it uncorny. yes, i like kill bill.

kill bill.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Kill Bill sucked becuase it had to many slow parts. I was entertained with Sin City. I liked the comic book look (black and white) and the boobs. :p

audj

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
yes, the hookers were nice, but I thought Sin City was pretty slow overall. the plot was monotonous and the action became predictable. nothing really changed throughout the film. I'm not really that into visual effects, which is all this film had to offer in my opinion. i dunno, maybe i wasn't in the right mood...

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
.... half way through this movie. Bloody F'ing AWESOME!!! Best movie I've seen in ... well .... a very Loooooong time. JUST like the comic. Brilliant.

I saw one reference, but for those that didn't get it ... The Original

just had to share my excitement. :D